Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

On the way back from a dog walk on Titterstone Clee I came across the Motocross at Highley, Unfortunately I only had my Kodak bridge camera with me. This camera has a big delay on shooting , the auto focus is very slow it takes ages to save the photo and as it has no eye finder it was just difficult to use.I would have been better off zone focusing with my Sony using my old M42 manual film lenses. Not the best they could be but here you go. An Electric motocross bike was killing the competition !

View attachment 416996

View attachment 416999

View attachment 417000
Many years ago we used to cover a big scrambling event, the second year we did it the weather was wet. Nightmare, riders came in asking "have you got any pictures of 122?, it's blue" Oh no it wasnt it was brown, and we couldnt see the numbers. Total farce. I think we just about broke even.

We went for an in car picnic. The weather might look ok but it was raining. Dog walkers weren't put off.

DSC05052.jpeg

Just caught the end of a rainbow here which wasn't visible by eye at the time. A touch of photoshop has made it just visible on the right hand side.

DSC05055.jpeg

On the drive home the rainbow was much more visible and very lovely :D

Mrs WW wouldn't leave the car.

DSC05059.jpeg

From a dog walk, the Ford at New England Shropshire. Many a car has been washed off here into the main Borle Brook.
T1A.JPG

Imagine blowing up a balloon and letting it go, This is Clemmie she is a working English Springer Spaniel and behaves just like that balloon ! I was trying to pre focus and think I missed the first one some what.

T2B.JPG

T3A.JPG

Last edited:
The other day I dropped some bird food on the small patio next to my shed and thought I'll leave it there and with the help of my trail cam ( rescently found after 4-5 months of being lost along with 4 black and white used films which are still not found after being put away by Mrs Badger who said she had never touched them !!!!!!!) Unfortunately the lens ended up covered in water and the largish animal that visited at night was just a big splodge ( Sorry for the technical photographic term). But here are my early morning visitors.

1.JPG2.JPG

3.JPG4.JPG

This is a super cheap trail cam from eBay but I have had some good spots when it has been left out on tracks in local woodland. Tonight it will go out again with a rain cover and at a better angle to stop the flare in the top left hand corner, it will also be placed a little closer. The trail can was a cheap one recommended on another forum and it was said when they turned up they were marked as Apeman (a known good make) mine was the same so I wonder if they are fake ones ?

trail.jpg

Todays image - 17th March - St Patricks day - I am English - its not my fault my parents were ! in fact its not a fault either - its who i am - However this is Irelands day and so I raise my glass to the Irish, Cheers to you - I believe this is the correct translation - siúd ort!. its not Guinness or indeed Murphys - its my own homebrew :)
beer.jpg

Back