Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

One for the ladies

This macro lark is not easy ! Sony a6000 Helios 44m with Macro tubes, focused by getting closer or further away but taken in poor led lighting. Our Friendly local ( I always see them in the back room) spider.

SPIDER1.JPG

Last edited:
CHEL5.JPG

A eagles foot , I'm not sure how the Eagle fits into the church but there are many of them in church's that I've visited . Anyone know why ?. I couldn't get a full photo as he was wearing a large microphone !
CHEL6.JPG

A painting inside the Church of St Peters
CHEL7.JPG

More simple grave markers
CHEL9.JPG

I've tried to find out what happened to George but have had no luck, There is a fresh grave next to him of a lady bearing the same surname, I'm guessing his wife

CHEL10.JPG

and a random one from Hampton Loade Station , strange spelling !

CHEL8.JPG

I stopped off at a small church to take some record shots so it can be dated. It is reputed to be 9th century. But I took this interior detail 'cos it looked nice.

DSC_2195_resize_61.jpg

Winchester this morning; 5 degrees, windy, driving rain and "cold enough to snow"

shot "at an angle" - with my knees I just couldn't bend down, without a major effort getting back up - the joys of old age!!

TP_Winchester_27th_Mar_24_1.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to take a circular walk near Dunnabridge Pound on Dartmoor and when I got to the river crossing, the river seemed to swollen the 3rd stepping stone was almost submerged and the ones further in the distance could not even be seen with the river rushing over them. So I had to turn back, which was a bit of a disappointment as I had battled through the hail shower to get there. I will attempt this walk again in the middle of summer when walking boots will be a bit more suitable on the soft boggy ground.

IMG_5438rs2.jpg

So i photographed this tired out specimen just before the stepping stones.

I called in another old church this morning. The record shots have gone in for assessment of the building's age. These were purely for my pleasure. I like old signs and these little alcoves that are used to hold little items of decoration. And the light through the window caught my eye too.

DSC_2210_resize_78.jpg

DSC_2223_resize_21.jpg

DSC_2224_resize_72.jpg

Hi, played around with a 75mm lens on my Leica M9. 75mm is a typical portrait FL. I used it for crops of the whole body of my model ... :

L1012824_DxO-v75c.jpg

L1012822_DxO-75c.jpg

L1012832_DxO-z75c.jpg

The squirrel must have been very hungry. It stayed very long. So I took a few pics with my NIKON D500 and the 4/70 - 200 :

DSC_9006-d500c.jpg

DSC_9019-d500c.jpg

DSC_9024-d500c.jpg

A trip to Saltburn.

The view towards the wind farm.

DSC05200.jpeg

Lift, not running.

DSC05201.jpeg

Good Friday fish and chips on the pier.

DSC05207.jpeg

A three picture stitch. I didn't take the three shots to stitch, I just spotted the possibility when we got home. It's sort of worked.

1-Saltburn-29-03-24.jpg

PS.
Sorry, I was wrong. That wasn't a three shot pano, it's a 4 shot one.

Last edited:
A dog walk along the Severn with my point and shoot. I've had to revert back to my vintage laptop for editing as I broke the screen on my 3 month old one :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

1A.JPG

This used to be the foot bridge across a small brook flowing into the Severn , not anymore the floods have killed it !
7A.JPG

2A.JPG

5A.JPG

Last edited:
Chased this little bugger for about 10 minutes lol, it would not stay still, but finally managed to get a pic , not the best but bugger they are quick.
Taken on the Panny G5 with the 45-150 at 150mm, f5.6, 1/2000, iso 800, then quite a heavy crop. It kept me occupied for half an hour lol.
wasp.jpg

Back