Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Golly. Were women really that shape?
Its called a Bustle, and worn under the dress. Usually to greatly increase the size of the posterior.
God knows why though.

Four days a year, the Devon County Show results in the magical sprouting of traffic cones along the A3052. A particularly fine crop is to be found at the junction with the A376, as shown here...

Devon County Show Traffic G9 P1014206.JPG

Four days a year, the Devon County Show results in the magical sprouting of traffic cones along the A3052. A particularly fine crop is to be found at the junction with the A376, as shown here...

View attachment 359051

Very effective they are too! This year was the best time we've done the trip to as well as back from Westpoint - 35 minutes to get there this morning (leaving the house to closing the car door) and 25 to get home. Saved the entry cost in one transaction - one of the reasons we went in the first place.

Our first potatoes for many years.

zjJbJnV.jpg

Occasional reading, a lifetime commitment.

KPglZe0.jpg

This afternoon I found myself at a loose end (dangerous for me ! ) First I came across my old VHF ham radio (1970's) and thought I'd give it ago on a simple home made low mounted antenna and low power. I managed 45 miles or so which is not bad for what should be line of sight only. At the same time as finding this I also came across an old ruined airgun silencer ( It had come out of line and I had shot the internal baffles out and the front plate. This was my bodging challenge for the day, Can you spot the house hold waste used ?

I know it looks like a kids toy and it is a cheaply made gun ( I do have others) But because you pump up this gun it has no recoil making it really easy to use and I can pump it less to give less power for use in my rear garden making it quieter than the other guns and a little safer. This was the end result ! The silencer has a screw thread fitment so can be used on any gun.

1.JPG

I used a few of these ( house hold waste) and some left over draught excluder tape to make the internal baffles ! What are they ?
2.JPG

With a bit of electrical tape I used this bit of household waste as the front plate What is it ?
3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Last edited:
signal-2022-07-03-20-47-23-282.jpg
On the Giraffe About Town trail today in Edinburgh, where many of the installations were in front of bins etc... A few that weren't...

Spent an hour at one of my favourite bird photography locations tonight with the 400mm lens on the camera. It was very pleasant in the warm sunshine, but there weren't many birds. I put on a 20mm lens just before leaving and tried this 3 panel photo. If I had been paying attention, I could have done it 30 minutes earlier when there was some sunlight on the trees on the left.

P7056953-1k5.jpg

Boredom is a dangerous thing ! Playing with the various in camera affects on the Sony I came across the illustration setting and wondered what that would do !

It got me thinking in camera editting would be a wonderful thing ! In the case of the Sony A6000 the rear screen is not big enough to see the affects but reviewing them through the view finder gives you a really good idea. Just need a Android style phone camera with large sensor and a good zoom lens ! ( for A tenner as I'm a skinflint !)

1A.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Back