Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

gramps, that looks like an old film shot from the 70's. Did you process for this look or was it just a result of the colours and the light at the time?

Very nice either way :D

gramps, that looks like an old film shot from the 70's. Did you process for this look or was it just a result of the colours and the light at the time?

Very nice either way :D
Thanks Alan, I processed it with a NIK plugin from PL5.
It was a frosty morning and therefore looked a bit more bland than I thought it would be, hence the decision to use the plugin. HDR efex. :)

To me it seems to be a look that says "For this you die in your sleep." :D

A very grey day today, so I played with my new toys, a pair of Godox tt350 flashes. Lots to learn, but very impressed so far:-
P2138419-1K.jpg

Then the rain started and I was disappointed to see that the crocus did not enjoy the damp...
P2138495-1k (2).jpg

Valentines Day!

My presents from Mrs WW. Hmmm. Yummy Yum Yum.

Ni73nHM.jpg

Unfortunately my present to her hit a delivery problem, just a little one, and is now a mere 439 miles away in Falmouth. In fact in the UK it would be difficult get it further away.

Mrs WW went to school this morning and after picking her up we were supposed to be going to the seaside to enjoy fish and chips sat at the front but unfortunately the weather is like this...

School and rain.

EEU7GPN.jpg

So we're staying home.

Last edited:
Valentines Day!

My presents from Mrs WW. Hmmm. Yummy Yum Yum.

Ni73nHM.jpg

If Ms Goldtop had bought me similar, my photo would have been a lot of empty packaging! And I'd have needed IBIS to cut down the camera shake from being hopped up on sugar. :)

If Ms Goldtop had bought me similar, my photo would have been a lot of empty packaging! And I'd have needed IBIS to cut down the camera shake from being hopped up on sugar. :)

I'm not a big chocolate eater so these should probably last until my birthday in May when I might get some more but in reality "other people" will dive in too so they'll be gone in no time :D

A picture of my mam aged 93. She has good days and bad days and days when there's good and bad every few minutes but thankfully at this moment she's with us and sharp as a tack. Sharp enough to mess her hair up when I said "Lets take a picture of you." She also pulled a face but I waited until that passed :D

Jaohes0.jpg

PS.
It seems to look a bit soft here which is a shame as it's ok on my screen, it is f1.7 with MFT but focus is on the eye and the original is better on my screen. I always do the same when posting pictures so it seems odd that some pictures seem to look soft and some look fine.

Last edited:
I do like a nice doorway, it has to be said. :D Although, these are the better ones. I had a few misfires.

Hi, playing around, my wife's orchid ... (SONY A7R2 - LEITZ Elmarit-R 2,8/135 f 2,8) :

DSC03865-a7r22-L135r-28-c.jpg

Back