Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

Today's wacko activities, Quite often if I'm taking the dogs out on a rather quick walk I walk the old route or the Railway link Between Billingsley Coal Mine and the Severn Valley Railway.
There is a brook there ( Borle Brook) which runs near enough the same coarse zigzagging over the Brooke on bridges some of which are now in the Brooke. In the past when I've been out mooching I've noticed there is a fair amount of Coal in the Brook, I'm guessing coal that has been dropped from the railway and some washed down in storm conditions. Today I decided to take 5 minutes to collect enough coal to use in my Multi fuel stove so I am using coal that was mined in Billingsley Colliery at least 101 years after it was closed.

This is worth a look at There are still a lots of the mine buildings at Billingsley which make good photographic subjects. Colliery

I have collected approx two buckets full

COAL.JPG

Last edited:
Today's wacko activities, Quite often if I'm taking the dogs out on a rather quick walk I walk the old route or the Railway link Between Billingsley Coal Mine and the Severn Valley Railway.
There is a brook there ( Borle Brook) which runs near enough the same coarse zigzagging over the Brooke on bridges some of which are now in the Brooke.
..........'
Today I decided to take 5 minutes to collect enough coal to use in my Multi fuel stove so I am using coal that was mined in Billingsley Colliery at least 101 years after it was closed.

This is worth a look at There are still a lots of the mine buildings at Billingsley which make good photographic subjects. Colliery

I have collected approx two buckets full

Waste not want not as the saying goes.

Hi, we had fibre-optic cables installed. - However, the talented workmen damaged a power cable, which burnt through.

And now all neighbours worry which water and gas pipes might have been damaged, too ... --- :

PA142760-c.jpg

Some autumn leaves (taken through our double glazed kitchen window)...

Dead leaves through window FZ82 P1010001.jpg

Billingsley coal at work 101 years after the mine was closed, Toasty warm ! I'm going to make this my little project/dog walk for the next few days. One of the blocks was about 2 foot cubed and had to be broken up to fit my little fire box !

C1.JPG

D1.JPG

Last edited:
A couple of phone snaps from Redcar seafront.

The long ride... and in the distance we can see the vertical pier.

IbjUO6b.jpg

The view towards Marske and Saltburn. The sea defences and in the distance the cliffs at Saltburn.

IBEa5Us.jpg

You can't really see much in this one but I'll post it anyway. We watched this dog as he paddled in every puddle having a great time whilst his humans just looked on and chatted :D

Ft2h3sW.jpg

Last edited:
Wow I came down this morning and thought I had walked into an oven, One load of my gleaned coal which produced massive amounts of heat was still going strong ( The Burner is small so I cannot fit a lot in) taken at 10 am Sat, fire lit at 5pm fri I think this is the best coal I've ever tried !

333.JPG

Went for another early morning walk. I hate setting the alarm for 5:15am, but dawn is just wonderful at this time of year.

Saw some deer.
PA158367-1k.jpg

Some mushrooms

PA158521-1k.jpg

A cobweb

PA158403-1k.jpg

and some red kites

PA159031-1k.jpg

Last edited:
Another pointy up shot, This time with my Hand me down battered old Phone ! It does quite well if it has plenty of light ! Last night we had the down pour of all down pours with the wind whipping up the bouncing rain, today I'm walking the dogs in my teeshirt under a super blue sky !

BLUE.jpg

I walked out of the house to see these two coming up the road ( A fairly regular occurrence) Then realized I knew them both !

HORSE2.JPG

This two I didn't know !

Mrs Badger Brought these to use as decoration, I just wanted to eat them !

PUMP.JPG

Last edited:
More mobile phone fun. This is an old hand me down but I do have a new one waiting to be brought into use :D

My car going for a check up. I couldn't resist taking this when I saw the rays :cool:

0J0DrUG.jpg

I was a bit worried when I saw this as I thought they might be cannibals :oops: :$ but all was well and they charged me... nothing, Which was nice :D

3orDyJx.jpg

Back