Picktorial for Mac

Name
Elliott
Edit My Images
No
I came across this the other day whilst reading some or other blog.

https://www.picktorial.com

I downloaded a trial this morning to have a bit if a play and I must say, It's not too bad.
Being a LR and PS user I would certainly take some getting used to, but you can do quite a lot non destructively that you can't do in LR. Local adjustments is miles better than LR.

Not sure if I'll give up LR or PS for it, but those are the tools I'm used to now, but for anybody looking for something cheap, that doesn't require a subscription and who uses a Mac, then definitely have a look at this.

Special intro price of $39

WOW!

Very promising, I will try and come back to you!

Thanks for the link!

So far, I installed the app and imported an image.
All performs quickly and the interface is cool.

PROBLEM
How come I can't do anything with the RAW?
Nothing… no tool is active!!

Odd. The edits are stored in a sidecar file along with the raw file.

Just a stab in the dark, but is your image folder writable and/ or have the correct permissions

Just a stab in the dark, but is your image folder writable and/ or have the correct permissions

Never experienced any kind
of permission issues before!

Un#installed and re-installed
but the same problem remains.

Never experienced any kind
of permission issues before!

Un#installed and re-installed
but the same problem remains.

Are the editing tools visible at all?
If you look in the top left corner of the screen there are three icons where you can open and close the left, bottom and right panels.
Is the right panel open?

I test the shadows and highlights sliders and none have matched LR so far but it seems to have some good points

It's okay, don't think I'd move from LR or PS, but for somebody on a budget who can't afford (or just don't want ongoing cost) capture one or Adobe subcription, it's definately useable.

There's a free trial, give it a go

I think it is pretty good value at the moment. I too will stick with LR/PS for myself at the moment though I am also playing around with On1 Raw as it is slowly adding improvements every few months. For those on a budget, Pictorial for MAC is worth a trial.

It's very poor in that regard. It looks great but when you delve under the hood you find things just don't work as well as something like Lightroom. Perhaps not a surprise given the relative size of the developers. It has some nice innovative features though.

I test the shadows and highlights sliders and none have matched LR so far but it seems to have some good points

Back