Pitchside programme

Name
Liam
Edit My Images
No
hi all!

Just interested to know which programme you run with photomechanic pitchside? I use lightroom at the moment but the import from photomechanic seems a lot slower than photoshop so considering switching over to photoshop. This way I can select multiple images hit CTRL +E and have them all pop up and edit them where as with lightroom it seems you can either do them one at a time or end up searching through the memory card for multiple images!

I am rarely pitch side these days.. more court side (and my fingers enjoy the warm indoor events during the winter more :) ).
For better or worse - always been stuck using Photoshop with PhotoMechanic .. and can't say I have any complaints about the speed of it.

Import images from card to PM - there to browse in seconds (unless shooting RAW for whole evening)... pick the locked images, open in PS ..

Is this the fastest way .. who knows.. but works for me :)

That’s why I’m thinking of switching to photoshop purely for speed... when using lightroom I select to edit images but at the lightroom stage this then wants to load all the images on my camera so I can choose to go through them on LR or select to edit 1 by 1 from PM. Photoshop allows me to select say 5 locked images from PM and loads them up instantly... will just need to customise shortcuts on photoshop so I can get through it all nice and quick.... thanks GooGaBu!

Lock and load so Photomechanic only downloads the few locked files you want
Photoshop to edit the pics
Back to photomechanic to caption
then post

Its very quick if you have all the software open when you start...I usually whip though and can send 20 pics at half time... usually download them with minutes to go to HT whistle..

Lock and load so Photomechanic only downloads the few locked files you want
Photoshop to edit the pics
Back to photomechanic to caption
then post

Its very quick if you have all the software open when you start...I usually whip though and can send 20 pics at half time... usually download them with minutes to go to HT whistle..

Thanks Kipax! Sand setup I’ve been using except using lightroom instead of photoshop... lightroom seems to be the slow down point! I’ll try out photoshop as I think that’s the way to go!

It sounds more like you need to refine your work flow rather than adopt new software. My edit folder only ever has the ones I'm working on or have already been imported, so I just hit the 'import all' option with the 'don't import suspected duplicates' applied.

Am I the only one who hasn't got, want or like Lightroom... Photoshop does everyhting I want :)

It sounds more like you need to refine your work flow rather than adopt new software. My edit folder only ever has the ones I'm working on or have already been imported, so I just hit the 'import all' option with the 'don't import suspected duplicates' applied.

I'm guessing you export the images you want to edit then import them into LR to edit then export back to a separate folder to open in Photomechanic?

Am I the only one who hasn't got, want or like Lightroom... Photoshop does everyhting I want :)

The only thing I wish photoshop has is the ability to add my own sections in 'Adjustments' on the right hand side... that way I can add in highlights/shadows etc instead of having keyboard shortcuts for them.

The only thing I wish photoshop has is the ability to add my own sections in 'Adjustments' on the right hand side... that way I can add in highlights/shadows etc instead of having keyboard shortcuts for them.

I prefer the KB shortcusts myself.. leaves more room on screen for the photo.. i have the same setup on home computer and laptop... can edit away without ever looking at the keyboard (apart from typing captions) all my shortcuts easy to gte to I changed them in KB preferences so all use the FKEYS.. well most

I prefer the KB shortcusts myself.. leaves more room on screen for the photo.. i have the same setup on home computer and laptop... can edit away without ever looking at the keyboard (apart from typing captions) all my shortcuts easy to gte to I changed them in KB preferences so all use the FKEYS.. well most

Yeah I think I just need to get used to using keyboard shortcuts and percentage sliders rather than like -1.6 style of editing. However it seems so much easier to select say 6 photos hit CTRL+E and all 6 are straight there compared to the slug of LR.

EDIT-

Just realised everything i need is on the 'camera raw filter' section so only one keyboard shortcut needed!

Last edited:
I'm guessing you export the images you want to edit then import them into LR to edit then export back to a separate folder to open in Photomechanic?

Card -> Ingest Folder
Cull
Apply basic (global) caption
Selected images to edit folder
Import to LR
Edit
Export to 'Export' subfolder
Apply specific captions (as required)
FTP

It sounds more long winded than it is. Most of the folder creation is automated.

If you are locking in camera then steps 1 & 2 are combined

Lock images in camera.
Import locked images via PM.
Caption and soft crop in FotoStation.
Send.
Picture desk do any Photoshop edit if needed, but it shouldn't because it was right in camera.
Import all remaining images at end of the match.
Go home.

Lock images in camera.
Import locked images via PM.
Caption and soft crop in FotoStation.
Send.
Picture desk do any Photoshop edit if needed, but it shouldn't because it was right in camera.
Import all remaining images at end of the match.
Go home.

Living the life of the idle in luxury then I see! :D

I still have to do all my own driving to be fair!

Out at the Web Summit in Lisbon at the moment and not sent a single image from my laptop. It's bliss.

Back