weekly Pitkin2020's Week 52: Week 3, 8, 11, 13, 23, 24, 25

Well, thats bl**dy annoying. Spent about twenty minutes commenting and lost connection so lost it all ggrrrr

'Fraid I don't have time to do it again :oops: :$ But some interesting submissions.

Regarding the wire wool, did you use the find wool? Works much better and in that tight location it will get some crackers. But wear a hat :) I use a battery to light the wool, one with positive and negative connections on the top ...trying to Google a better description but connection I'd naff.

I like the vertical submission with the slither of the church.

Sorry I can't comment more and hope I don't loose this post!!

Cheers.

sods law lol, thanks for the comments though much appreciated.

With regards to the wool it was just what i found in the shed lol, i was lighting it with a lighter but i was expecting it to just continue burning and it didn't, go try it again next time with some new fine wire wool and use a battery instead of a lighter.

The church was a pic i took before the vertical theme was announced, and i thought the church was ideal so went back and took a new pic straight up the spire from the bottom of the church but it looked naff so went with the one i submitted instead which i think worked ok for the theme.

sods law lol, thanks for the comments though much appreciated.

With regards to the wool it was just what i found in the shed lol, i was lighting it with a lighter but i was expecting it to just continue burning and it didn't, go try it again next time with some new fine wire wool and use a battery instead of a lighter.

The church was a pic i took before the vertical theme was announced, and i thought the church was ideal so went back and took a new pic straight up the spire from the bottom of the church but it looked naff so went with the one i submitted instead which i think worked ok for the theme.

Edited, find was meant to read fine. Fine works much better, just don't pack it too tight (y)

I did guess you meant fine but I did actually use some I found lol

Catch up from me - sorry for being slow!

5 smoke - really like this! Good DOF choice and I like the vignette which works for me.

14 nature - again, a lovely shot and I particularly like the lighting. The top left OOF leaf is slightly distracting, otherwise bang on.

21 strength - I like the idea and the in-focus part but the bokeh makes me feel slightly queasy! I'd have much preferred the whole snail in focus. I also think the same shot would work for texture!

22 texture - nice shot, well taken but I think a wider DOF shot of the snail/tarmac would still work better!

7 sense - wow. That is a brilliant shot, well composed and superbly executed. Difficult lighting conditions and pretty full dynamic range and you've captured it superbly. Nicely on theme, too.

3 close - not as inspiring for me, but from your description I think you felt the same?

8 ending - great depiction of the theme and really great idea. Nice shot (nice is the wrong word but YKWIM) and with a touch more detail/lightening of the blacks would be spot on for me.

11 swirl - brilliant but would the person is a bit betwixt & between - I'd like them either lighter or really dark.

13 steps - well taken but a touch dark for me.

23 wild - sorry but the bag wrecks it for me! Apart from that, it's a good shot.

24 dream - unlike 5, I don't like the vignette so much here. What does PABD mean?

25 vertical - brilliant take! Really like this and well executed. Nicely done and spot on theme.

Some cracking shots there - for me #5 and #7 are standout.

Catch up from me - sorry for being slow!

5 smoke - really like this! Good DOF choice and I like the vignette which works for me.

14 nature - again, a lovely shot and I particularly like the lighting. The top left OOF leaf is slightly distracting, otherwise bang on. lol i hadn't actually noticed that but now you mention it i can see what you mean

21 strength - I like the idea and the in-focus part but the bokeh makes me feel slightly queasy! I'd have much preferred the whole snail in focus. I also think the same shot would work for texture! Funny you say that I was going to use this for texture but I had nothing for strong and thought it fitted with that theme too

22 texture - nice shot, well taken but I think a wider DOF shot of the snail/tarmac would still work better!

7 sense - wow. That is a brilliant shot, well composed and superbly executed. Difficult lighting conditions and pretty full dynamic range and you've captured it superbly. Nicely on theme, too. Thanks, i quite like the long exposure type photography

3 close - not as inspiring for me, but from your description I think you felt the same? Was a great shot in my head just couldn't get it right

8 ending - great depiction of the theme and really great idea. Nice shot (nice is the wrong word but YKWIM) and with a touch more detail/lightening of the blacks would be spot on for me.

11 swirl - brilliant but would the person is a bit betwixt & between - I'd like them either lighter or really dark. Again I agree and know what you mean, it was a first attempt and there was too much ambient light (high power LED spot light), after this shot couldn't get the wool to light

13 steps - well taken but a touch dark for me.

23 wild - sorry but the bag wrecks it for me! Apart from that, it's a good shot. The bag was quite funny as they were really intrigued by it but again it was hard to get that across

24 dream - unlike 5, I don't like the vignette so much here. What does PABD mean? Post and Be Damned - didn't like this theme lol

25 vertical - brilliant take! Really like this and well executed. Nicely done and spot on theme.

Some cracking shots there - for me #5 and #7 are standout.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, really appreciate you taking the time

Hi Richard an excellent catch up there, the B&W really suits the subjects well, love the little pigs, and the church is spot on for the theme. I would love to have a go with the wire wool but not sure my OH would oblige :)
Its worth a go, very frustrating though and would test lighting the wool at home first lol

Hi Richard,
Big catchup well done:)

Smoke.. really good idea, I like it
Nature... love it nice simple shot.
Strength.. Not so keen on this one but it fits the theme well
Texture..nice one lots of detail
Sense... great
Close.. it fits the theme, nice door
Ending..Great idea, well done
Swirl... brilliant

Hi again,
steps... just a bit dull.. but fits the theme well
wild.. love the little pigs, the bag is a bit of a shame but.. still love it
Dream... not too keen on this one but it fits the theme ok
Vertical.. like this one good shot and bang on theme
well caught up(y)(y)(y)

Hi Richard

what a catch up !

Closed , Steps & Wild....... I've grouped these 3 together for one reason.....they all appear way to dark on my screen but all are on theme .Maybe up the exposure or use exposure compensation . I bet there's some lovely detail in the church door just waiting to show....

Swirl...well done for a 1st attempt...not easy :)

Vertical...like the framing of the church through the tree's :)

Thanks for the feedback, yes they are dark in my screen annoyingly. In Lightroom they looked very differently will she to check I have my settings my right

Some excellent work from you and plenty of images, just to many for me to crit on.

Closed - fits the theme nicely.

Swirl - fits the theme, super image I won't begin to offer any crit as it's something I haven't done yet.

Wild - them little piglets look so cute nice choice for the theme.

Close - I'm afraid the exposure needs a bit of a boost on this one.

Ending - Certainly fits the theme and the mono conversion suits the subject

Swirl - Wire Wool is great fun isn't it. It can be hit and miss but I think you've captured this well

Steps - Maybe a tad more contrast would help this away from a grey looking image. The low POV helps I feel

Wild - An awwww type shot just a pity about the bag they are attracted to

Dream - Fits the theme but I'm amused by the lads use of a pillow

Vertical - Exposure looks good on this. I feel I'd have liked to have been more of the path leading to the church but without a wider lens you may have struggled to get it all in

Back