Pixelpost

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone use this, I cant understand how it all works :bonk:

Is there site that explains it for us normal guys?

I use it... and many others do... JL I know does.

What are you struggling with? Instalation? Customisation?

Installation, I was planning on using streamline to host me a site but I dont want to start it all when I don't get what to do :(

Ah... sorry Andy, but I got my host to install for me, so can't help there. If you post a more specific question though I am sure someone will be along to help you.

What host did you use? If you dont mind me asking, and how did you get them to do it? Sorry for all these questions but if you dont ask you dont learn :)

The host although cheap looks very limited in what they are offering for the money.

If you wish to install scripts such a Pixelpost you may be better to find a host that offers cPanel and maybe Simple Scrips, options that I don't see offered by Streamline.

I would take a guess that to get Pixelpost onto Strealine, you would need to download the install script to you computer then use an ftp client to upload it to your streamline domain. You would also need to create a MySQL database then point your browser at the install script and follow the instructions to get it installed.

With a host that has SimpleScripts you could just log on to cPanel, chose SimpleScripts and then chose to install Pixelpost from the list of available scripts. The MySQL database is then created for you as part of the installation.

If you want to play with Pixelpost before you commit to anything I can host it for you and give you an admin account so you can test it.

If you want to play with Pixelpost before you commit to anything I can host it for you and give you an admin account so you can test it.

Yeah I would love to test it if that's OK, It wouldn't be affecting you in anyway though would it? I wouldn't want to harm your site.

I quite like these template:
http://www.pixelpost.org/extend/templates/pixelution-template/

As for simplescripts, it looks pretty good, cheap as well. What about custom addresses? I cant seem to find if they do them :shrug:

Yeah I would love to test it if that's OK, It wouldn't be affecting you in anyway though would it? I wouldn't want to harm your site.

I quite like these template:
http://www.pixelpost.org/extend/templates/pixelution-template/

I'll PM the url for the admin and the site with your user-name and password. You can do what you like with it it will not have any impact on other sites I host.

As for simplescripts, it looks pretty good, cheap as well. What about custom addresses? I cant seem to find if they do them :shrug:

I actually use Bluehost which give me both cPanel and Simple Scripts:

https://www.bluehost.com/index.html

There are many other similar and probably better deals out there.

Just want to give you a big thank you and to let everyone here that Mr Marg here is a top Man! Thanks for the site :)

Back