North England Places near Bridlington North Yorkshire

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, im delighted to have been surprised to be treated to a five day break to the North Yorkshire coast and wondered the best places to visit with the camera. Only been to York and Whitby but would love some waterfalls but think that's more western. Can't wait for May now

RSPB Bempton Cliffs.

Thanks both of you actually staying at flamborough

Some lovely walks & scenery around there. I also saw a couple of seals sunbathing near the lighthouse when I was there.
A good time to visit May-June. Hope the weather is kind to you. :cool:

I,m at flamborough the second week in may myself .love the whole area .north landing is very photogenic also ,bempton cliffs ,Scarborough ,etc you will find lots of places to visit leaflets scattered around depending on your wants .

Bridlington is a super friendly town with a lovely harbour so I would start there

BTW it's East Yorkshire ,not north the locals can get uppity about it :beer:

Last edited:
I'd go for a least a day drive round the north York moors.

Unlike most other hilly area's the roads mainly go along the tops.
Easy on the legs if a bit odd for a walker!

As above. I went toa great workshop at Bempton Cliffs last May but also spent a lovely evening just wandering around Bridlington Harbour. There's always Sleights and the North York Moors railway if you are in the Whitby area.
Don't forget the Yorkshire Wolds/Beverley as well as the Moors!

Looks like plenty to do and see many thanks, hopefully the weather will be good. With bird photos at the Bempton cliffs I've only got a 55-300mm lens, is that enough or is it wise to perhaps hire somethings longer?

Looks like plenty to do and see many thanks, hopefully the weather will be good. With bird photos at the Bempton cliffs I've only got a 55-300mm lens, is that enough or is it wise to perhaps hire somethings longer?
That really depends on your camera body and focussing speed ,it's plenty for gannets but probably not enough for puffins etc

Back