Planet Earth ll

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
A reminder that Planet Earth ll is on BBC1 at 8pm this evening ... BBC Wildlife Dept no doubt at its best again for this new series. :)

Indeed, one to watch for nature/wildlife fans.

Looking forward to it. Just re-watched Human Planet last week. Brilliant production as usual from the BBC

Brilliant so far

Super. Then when it's finished Dan Snow is in Alaska on the Klondike gold trail.

That was absolutely epic, loved the sloth bit at the beginning but the snakes chasing the baby lizards was something else - so many of them and the escapes up and over the rocks were heart stopping. Gogglebox will love that.

The bleeding penguins and the one with the broken leg were heartbreaking too.

Nobody does nature like the beeb.

Fantastic programme, wife was screaming as the snakes were chasing the lizards

That was astonishing! all crawling out of the rocks like that, it's something out of an Indiana Jones movie!

Very impressed with this first episode (y) (y)

That's what I thought too. It sent shivers down my spine. Mountains next week - that looks good too. Followed by Dan Snow smacking his face off a hefty wooden boat. That looked very scary.
It is good to see the BBC can put out a 'real' nature programme instead of the cuddly badger/nothing bad ever happens in the wild stuff they normally try to feed us.

Did anyone watch the Marine Iguana hatchlings trying to make it to safety - it was the most terrifying start to life you could have - amazing stuff!

don't think Indiana Jones would fancy a trip there!

I did it was fantastic some great footage the hatchlings did have to run the gaunlet just to survive
Amazing how the snakes came one after another

Amazing stuff, as ever from the BBC crew. The first Planet Earth ten years ago was what got me into photography (started off with mainly wildlife) in the first place, so I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to its creators. I was expecting this one to be much more similar to its predecessor than in fact it was, going only from the first episode - not only do we see the ways in which the tech has moved on (many more close wide angle shots, for instance), but also production style: more quick cut scenes, perhaps less introduction to the heart of the action. Not a bad thing at all, in fact it's a wonder of filming, writing, daring, planning and production! It feels more like a cousin than a brother of the first series, though, to me (a child thereof, perhaps?) :)

I agree with all the comments. Brilliant programme.

Amazing stuff, as ever from the BBC crew. The first Planet Earth ten years ago was what got me into photography (started off with mainly wildlife) in the first place, so I owe an enormous debt of gratitude to its creators. I was expecting this one to be much more similar to its predecessor than in fact it was, going only from the first episode - not only do we see the ways in which the tech has moved on (many more close wide angle shots, for instance), but also production style: more quick cut scenes, perhaps less introduction to the heart of the action. Not a bad thing at all, in fact it's a wonder of filming, writing, daring, planning and production! It feels more like a cousin than a brother of the first series, though, to me (a child thereof, perhaps?) :)

Yes, I picked up on the new cinematography style as well - was quite strikingly different with lots of sliding pans (don't know the correct term) and lots of chasing which I guess is made possible with smaller modern cameras and stabilisation techniques.

Yes, I picked up on the new cinematography style as well - was quite strikingly different with lots of sliding pans (don't know the correct term) and lots of chasing which I guess is made possible with smaller modern cameras and stabilisation techniques.

And I read that they made use of a lot of drones on this series too, which of course gives almost another dimension in which to explore and film, and also pushes the shot style in a certain direction.

Another fantastic episode, can you believe those Ibex how did they not fall from those tiny ledges?
Wonderful images of the Snow Leopards too :)

I can't stand snakes (shudder!!!!) cheered when the one broke out of the snakes grip and got away.:)

Another fantastic episode, can you believe those Ibex how did they not fall from those tiny ledges?
Wonderful images of the Snow Leopards too :)
Yes, the snow Leopard stuff was wonderful. Another great episode.

This wasn't as adrenaline pumping as the first but epic for different reason, snow leopards for its scarcity (and quality) and the fighting eagles were awesome.

Still to watch it all but those Ibex on sheer walls is the stuff of nightmares for me.
I often find myself in such precarious positions in my dreams.

The Grizzly bear dance made me laugh.

Anyone else get an itch at the same time :)

No itch but at least we now know what bears do in the woods!

Many classic moments in each episode as mentioned. Wouldnt have fancied being the cameraman for those grizzly bear shots though. In a flimsy hide perhaps? Sod that for a game of soldiers.

Unbelievable camera work. Astonishing scenes of beauty

Back