planetary health diet

Or eat rice and beans (most cultures have a similar combo of cheap, staple crops) that provide all amino acids between the two of them.
I think I will stick to chicken or turkey breasts, tuna, salmon and copious amounts of whey protein.

I am vegetarian,
In a different life I knew a few vegetarians ( I never touch the stuff personally but each to their own :D )
And I could also pick them out in a crowd, as they always had a slight pallor to their skin.
Now this is going back many years, I guess, to the time that it was "fashionable".

As I seem to "see" less, I would assume these days that more understood about that life style, how and what to eat, for a balanced diet.
( Either that or there are less vegetarians per se :D )

But seriously, if we believed everything we were told about what to do, what not to do what to eat or drink...
I'm sure *they* will move on to something else very shortly (y)

In a different life I knew a few vegetarians ( I never touch the stuff personally but each to their own :D )
And I could also pick them out in a crowd, as they always had a slight pallor to their skin.
Now this is going back many years, I guess, to the time that it was "fashionable".

As I seem to "see" less, I would assume these days that more understood about that life style, how and what to eat, for a balanced diet.
( Either that or there are less vegetarians per se :D )

But seriously, if we believed everything we were told about what to do, what not to do what to eat or drink...
I'm sure *they* will move on to something else very shortly (y)
I am sure daily mail will eventually tell us all that being vegetarian gives you cancer.

I am not vegetarian because it's fashionable, I have always been a vegetarian (since birth per say) because of my Indian background. My diet is very balanced and there is nothing wrong with it.

I have considered meat on many occasions but it does not seem to be good for the environment or most efficient way of getting energy (to put it crudely) so I decided to continue with my vegetarianism.

TBH, I'm surprised our local (apparent!) creationist hasn't pointed out that Man was created within the past 10,00 years (or so [not forgetting the extra few days!]…)
Only in the bible would two naked people of different sex, face each other and eat fruit ..
Oh hang on the vegetarian moment was strong even in those days ...
(And no one mention the snake,he gets blamed for quite enough! :( )

I am sure daily mail will eventually tell us all that being vegetarian gives you cancer.
That'll be all the chemicals that are absorbed from the surrounding atmosphere into the fruit and veg.
After all trees and plants are natures "filters" :D

My diet is very balanced and there is nothing wrong with it.
As above I'm sure that many people can live quite happily on a balanced diet with the correct information.
The "trouble" starts when people ( if you remember several years ago it was very fashionable especially among young girls) just jump head long into something like thiswithout doing their homework.

I have considered meat on many occasions but it does not seem to be good for the environment or most efficient way of getting energy (to put it crudely)
And I applaud the courage of your own convictions (y)

(And no one mention the snake,he gets blamed for quite enough! :( )

That's 'coz it's all his fault! :p

Mrs Nod's ovolacto veggie so eats dairy and eggs. Better colour than me (who eats almost everything!) Might possibly lapse slightly on holiday but only because it's often hard to see ingredients lists properly enough to decipher the Greek, let alone recognise things like gelatine in the list!

As above I'm sure that many people can live quite happily on a balanced diet with the correct information.
The "trouble" starts when people ( if you remember several years ago it was very fashionable especially among young girls) just jump head long into something like thiswithout doing their homework.

Yeah I lived one a couple of those at University. Well one of them wasn't so bad but the other didn't know what to cook so she got takeway pizza 5 days in a week.

That's 'coz it's all his fault! :p

Mrs Nod's ovolacto veggie so eats dairy and eggs. Better colour than me (who eats almost everything!) Might possibly lapse slightly on holiday but only because it's often hard to see ingredients lists properly enough to decipher the Greek, let alone recognise things like gelatine in the list!
So, what's the difference between ovolacto vegetarian, and just vegetarian?

I thought veggies eat eggs and dairy too, otherwise its vegan diet. (well excluding fish also. )
Although as you know, a true vegan avoids all animal products.

Edit just remembered one or two of my veggie acquaintances used to say we eat nothing with a face.
Seems fair enough.

Last edited:
I thought veggies eat eggs and dairy too, otherwise its vegan diet. (well excluding fish also. )
Although as you know, a true vegan avoids all animal products

a true vegan does not even use animal products let alone consume it. So no leather or woollen wear for example.

I eat dairy and eggs. But my parents and wife only consume dairy because they consider egg as meat.

The vegetarian "boundary" is different in different places. Over in India vegetarian mean everything up to milk and milk products so no eggs.
hence we have so many different names to try separate the types lol.

Ovolacto veggies consume both milk and eggs.
Though things in this country is marked as vegetarian even if they consist eggs. I am too lazy to read the small print ingredients so I just stopped caring about eggs. :D
Pescatarians eat ovolacto vegetarian stuff + fish only

On the continent vegetarian dish just means "less meat" or "no beef/pig stuff" though that is a general lack of understanding.

Edit just remembered one or two of my veggie acquaintances used to say we eat nothing with a face.
Seems fair enough.

And I just remembered someone from the radio who said "if its running away from you it doesn't want to be killed and eaten"

Pretty sure it's impossible to live a true vegan lifestyle.

The vegetarian "boundary" is different in different places.
TBH I think that applies to a lot of individual people as well as places / cultures.

And I just remembered someone from the radio who said "if its running away from you it doesn't want to be killed and eaten"
I've been in fields of cattle and sheep that haven't run :D

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's impossible to live a true vegan lifestyle.
Did you hear on the news recently, the name of the company escapes me, (there was more than one) but they have been told
to stop selling fur products as faux fur :D

TBH & imo people are welcome to live their lives as they see fit, its the hypercritical one that annoy me.
Anecdote, one hot summer, a few years ago, I was killing wasps that had built a nest above someones porch,
when the neighbour turned up in his BMW, and shortly after, started lecturing me about killing stuff in general.
No one should kill anything etc...
Once he had finished, I asked him if he found the leather seats in his car comfortable in this heat?
Yes he said, they are fine, why do you ask?

Did you hear on the news recently, the name of the company escapes me, (there was more than one) but they have been told
to stop selling fur products as faux fur :D

TBH & imo people are welcome to live their lives as they see fit, its the hypercritical one that annoy me.
Anecdote, one hot summer, a few years ago, I was killing wasps that had built a nest above someones porch,
when the neighbour turned up in his BMW, and shortly after, started lecturing me about killing stuff in general.
No one should kill anything etc...
Once he had finished, I asked him if he found the leather seats in his car comfortable in this heat?

Yes he said, they are fine, why do you ask?

And the tyres...plastics...paint...glue... etc.

Back