Player profile shots

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys your advice would be appreciated. Tomorrow I've been asked to do individual rugby player photos which I do believe are from waist up and front on as they want to include sponsors and the new jersey . I will be using my D500 and I have to use either a 35mm 1.8 or 70-200 2.8 and a SB-700. The shots will be taken indoors. Tips and advice would be greatly appreciated

have you used flash before?
Do you have any options for outside? in normal light?

@Phil V
Someone may need to correct me on this but i don't think the D500 and Sb700 have a wireless option built-in, which means on-camera flash and bounce/soften(otherwise it will be quite harsh) or wireless triggers ??

@Phil V
Someone may need to correct me on this but i don't think the D500 and Sb700 have a wireless option built-in, which means on-camera flash and bounce/soften(otherwise it will be quite harsh) or wireless triggers ??
I agree with your earlier point re sunlight being the better option, whether using the stands or an indoor space with large windows, surely there's something to be found

Shoot it outside. Direct flash and the short end of your 70-200.

Get them to line up in height order, move along the line and shoot.

Take the images in landscape and then crop to a 5:4 portrait ratio in post.

Remember that your eyeline should be level with the centre of their chest to avoid distortion.

Back