Non UK Please delete

ACW

Edit My Images
Yes
Plans changed!

Thank you Zaytsev for your informative reply!

Last edited:
Hi ACW,

There is no doubt that Dubai (and anywhere in the UAE) is hot in June, but of course 'too hot' depends on your tolerance. June can be a dry 40 degrees, or at its worst it can be a horrendous 40 with a high relative humidity which aside from being extremely uncomfortable when outside, it can also be an issue in taking cityscapes particularly in the evening due to the amount of haze and moisture in the air. Between 12-3pm the heat is intense and hence there is a ban on people working outside between those hours.

There are areas where you can gain access to rooftops that are not stricly legit to get excellent shots, but my favourite is at the top of the 4-Points Sheraton as it offers excellent views - they never have issues with people taking up equipment as long as you buy a beer or a glass of wine (the rooftop also has a bar). Most other buildings that offer city views tend to be behind a curtain walling (like the Burj Khalifa and Emirates Towers). Good skyline shots can be taken from the Boardwalk on the creek.

10 days is a reasonable amount of time and it depends what you (and your better half) also have in mind for the holiday. Dubai has a certain charm, but when the surface is scratched there is not a great deal of substance that would keep you entertained if you do not like shopping malls (if this is your thing the shopping in the UK is better) and going out for massive lunches and dinners! There are other centres outside of Dubai and I would certainly recommend a trip down to Abu Dhabi (an hour away) to see the Sheikh Zayed mosque, Yas Island F1 circuit where you can thrash an Aston Martin around, the Dubai areas of Bastikiya, Shindiggha and the creek for some traditional life and good street photography and of course a desert bashing trip. It all depends on what you are into.

Lastly on the wildlife from - there isn't much here! There is Sir Baniyas Island off the coast of Abu Dhabi (actually near the Qatari border) that is a nature reserve, but that is some travelling unless you take the little plane and fly.

Hope this helps...

Back