Pocket Wizard TTL

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we can expect to see those in the UK around April time and we'll be looking at somewhere in the region of £150 to £175 per unit. Possibly up to £200 if the exchange rate fluctuates any further.

So we're looking at $199 for the MiniTT1 and $219 for the FlexTT5.

That'll probably be £199 and £219 RRP in the UK with the usual discounts on offer from various sources. Expensive toys.

So we're looking at $199 for the MiniTT1 and $219 for the FlexTT5.

That'll probably be £199 and £219 RRP in the UK with the usual discounts on offer from various sources. Expensive toys.

Very, the fact that they are brand-specific doesn't help. I'll stick with my old-skool ones,thanks very much...

There's a pretty comprehensive review up now at rob galbraith. Both he and David Hobby seem to see the big news as the better sync speeds made possible by "Hypersync". But it does seem to vary quite a bit by camera: the 1D series can sync up to 1/500 whereas the 5d/5d2 are only improved to 1/250.

And they're both dropping fairly heavy hints that's there's a lot more to come with firmware updates.

They are clever little bits of kits! but not for the amateur like me, way too much wonga and for that price I could buy a shed load of skyports and take a course on manual flask photography :)

Yeah. They'd be nice to have but I can't really justify the price. Mind you, I usually start off by saying that. And I usually end up by caving in:bonk:

For me the big selling point is that the new wizards connect to your flash via the hotshoe. Sweet.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more of a fuss about this new product.

Or, is TTL not that important to most of you off camera speedlight users :thinking:

Actually, I'd like to know those that have the various set ups out there, do you always use TTL if you can or do you prefer to shoot manual flash?

Manual all the way for me, I've tried TTL with my minolta and it's just doesn't give the precise control I crave. Might be different if I was shooting something like sports where you're moving the camera around to different areas but I don't use it for sport so it's not necessary.

Manual all the way for me, I've tried TTL with my minolta and it's just doesn't give the precise control I crave. Might be different if I was shooting something like sports where you're moving the camera around to different areas but I don't use it for sport so it's not necessary.

Good to know you prefer manual, as I've just ordered some Elinchrom skyports :) Do you use these or similar?

I've only just started getting into off camera flash properly, and Nikons CLS is a bit limited, epsecially outdoors. Hopefully this should give me the best of both worlds (got an sb800 and 2 sb600's at the moment).

Wireless TTL is useful at events and weddings.

Saying that, Nikon's CLS system is stunning if used correctly, especially indoors (where it works best), which is essentially covers wedding flash anyway.

Other shooting is all manual for me, so, like Flash, I'm perfectly happy with the current set. Hopefully they'll drop in price, I need another one :)

Back