NSFW Pole Fitness / Pole Dance

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
No
I have recently met up with a few friends who are into pole dance / pole fitness as a hobby. So i have been teaching myself how to try and photograph them, luckily they have there own poles in there homes and one we can also take out on location so the options are endless. At the end of last year we did some on location shoots, but as it turned colder we had to figure out studio style shots.

I went out and bought 2 Pixapro Citi600 studio strobes & black muslin back ground and this is what we came up with recently.

the girls love the images which is awesome, as this is becoming a bit of an addiction & to be fair i am loving shooting & learning something very new & they love having half decent photos rather than mobile phones images.

feel free to offer any advice or critique as like i say it all quite new to us.
BethCAALR-14.jpg
BethCAALR-13.jpg BethCAALR-8.jpg BethCAALR-7.jpg

I have tried smoothing skin out a little more & i can do it but they prefer the natural look & i sort of agree we dont want them to look to fake, photoshopped & smoothed out

Attachments

• BethCAALR-6.jpg
    BethCAALR-6.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 50

Great muscle tones and impressive athletics! :)

I will limit my comment to one single point: see if
you could recover the highlights on her skin eve-
ry where over her body, one click should do it! :cool:

Very nice!

I shoot pole stuff occasionally. Small things I would do differently – not saying it’s right, just an idea:
  • I don’t think the highlights are blown; they don’t need recovering. But.. the fall-off is a little bit quick – the highlights nearer the lights are much brighter than those further away. A combination of distance and feathering should help.
  • I’d like to see the join between floor and wall in 1 – she looks disembodied
  • I’d tidy up the marks on the pole
  • I’d probably bung a little bit of light on the background
  • - and I seem to be unusual amongst pole / dance photographers – to me it’s still a portrait, and I still try to produce a flattering lighting pattern and expression on the face. I don't always succeed, though.

_SRC9987-Edit-Edit.jpg

Very nice!

I shoot pole stuff occasionally. Small things I would do differently – not saying it’s right, just an idea:
  • I don’t think the highlights are blown; they don’t need recovering. But.. the fall-off is a little bit quick – the highlights nearer the lights are much brighter than those further away. A combination of distance and feathering should help.
  • I’d like to see the join between floor and wall in 1 – she looks disembodied
  • I’d tidy up the marks on the pole
  • I’d probably bung a little bit of light on the background
  • - and I seem to be unusual amongst pole / dance photographers – to me it’s still a portrait, and I still try to produce a flattering lighting pattern and expression on the face. I don't always succeed, though.

View attachment 125393

thank so much for all the advice & taking the time to input its greatly appreciated & alot to think about for next time :)

Back