Polo Match - Royal Military Academy Sandhurst Vs The Pony Club

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to see a polo match this afternoon at The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. It was our local team (RMAS) playing The Pony Club. I have to say that, when I left, the home team were being beaten hands down by The Pony Club!

Here's a few shots from the match:

PoloFramed.jpg

PoloIIFramed.jpg

EyeontheBallFramed.jpg

HellforLeatherFramed.jpg

LeanFramed.jpg

Last edited:
The rider in the last one is giving it some there - great position! I had to have a chuckle when you said the Pony Club was trashing them :LOL:

There have been a few Polo shots up recently - looks like a great sport to photograph as there is constant end to end action.

I also like the way you have presented the shots with the drop shadow etc.

Great work - got anymore to put up?

Bob

Many thanks for your kind words Bob. I've never been to a polo match before and yes, it was all go!

I only took my 17-55 with me. Wished I'd taken my 80-200! Next time I'll know better.

Some good shots there, I also attended my first polo match today and am currently processing the photos.

Look forward to seeing your shots. I so wish I'd have had a longer lens. Had to wait for the action to come to me.

Very nice shots, this polo lark is spreading round here! (y)

Nice work! The close ones are best, but you do have to wait a while if you're only using a short lens. 300mm is probably the minimum to get some good action, or alternatively get cropping.

Back