Polo Match - Royal Military Academy Sandhurst Vs The Pony Club

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to see a polo match this afternoon at The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. It was our local team (RMAS) playing The Pony Club. I have to say that, when I left, the home team were being beaten hands down by The Pony Club!

Here's a few shots from the match:

PoloFramed.jpg

PoloIIFramed.jpg

EyeontheBallFramed.jpg

HellforLeatherFramed.jpg

LeanFramed.jpg

Last edited:
The rider in the last one is giving it some there - great position! I had to have a chuckle when you said the Pony Club was trashing them :LOL:

There have been a few Polo shots up recently - looks like a great sport to photograph as there is constant end to end action.

I also like the way you have presented the shots with the drop shadow etc.

Great work - got anymore to put up?

Bob

Many thanks for your kind words Bob. I've never been to a polo match before and yes, it was all go!

I only took my 17-55 with me. Wished I'd taken my 80-200! Next time I'll know better.

Some good shots there, I also attended my first polo match today and am currently processing the photos.

Look forward to seeing your shots. I so wish I'd have had a longer lens. Had to wait for the action to come to me.

Nice work! The close ones are best, but you do have to wait a while if you're only using a short lens. 300mm is probably the minimum to get some good action, or alternatively get cropping.

Back