Polypan Party With A Theme Of P.

I can top that - a parcel from me in Sussex to Asha in the south of France went through Heathrow twice - the first time to go to New York, and then (on the return journey) to France. About three weeks in total (the PO said it should arrive in 3, but allow 5 days).

Picked up my roll from Des, need to find a 35mm camera now! The OM2 that has been on my desk for ages still has a roll in it. I'm sure the OM1 isn't too far away.

Received box, recovered my roll, reposted box and headed right out to reel off a few shots. :banana:

(I took my LF camera as well, but left the Quickloads in the fridge. :banghead::asshat:)

Picked up my roll from Des, need to find a 35mm camera now! The OM2 that has been on my desk for ages still has a roll in it. I'm sure the OM1 isn't too far away.

You got a Nikon FG at the same time as one of the OMs, Steven...

All received and back in the post on its way to @FishyFish. Freezing cold and very grey here so it might be a day for some indoors stuff.

That's the way to do it....
On refelection I think I should have done done at least a modicum of research although the negative wasn't too thin in the end and there is room for improvement - leave 'em wanting more and all that :D

How do you know how much to cut in the dark?

Now shot at iso 50, devved in stock Xtol for 7 mins, and scanned @2700 on the Minolta Elite 5400 film scanner. It's fair comment to suggest this film is a bit picky, and it really does love the sun, just don't shoot towards the sun as it doesn't like that!

First location was at Loch Pityoulish in the Cairngorms.

#1 Towards the sun
2019-11-13-0010-copy-tp.jpg

#2 The path through the trees
2019-11-13-0007-copy.jpg-tp.jpg

#3 The memorial enclosure
2019-11-13-0014-copy-tp.jpg

Very nice Peter, it seems to like the xtol too, I better get some ordered (y) There is a lovely glow to some and path through the trees and the bridge stand out for me.

Thanks Chris, it really does love the sun and hopefully you'll get some when shooting it!

Path through the trees is really nice Peter.. So what are your overall thoughts? It comes in at about £3 per roll of 24 excluding postage.

The website I linked in #4 suggested Xtol as the best developer for showing glow, so I was maybe expecting a bit more. That's a reflection of my optimism, rather than a criticism of the film itself.

I'd maybe keep a roll for a sunny day, but it wouldn't be my film for less sunny weather, which is what I seem to get most days I go out! I'm glad I got the chance to try it out though, so many thanks for that.

I've got a bit of time tomorrow but it doesn't look like we'll be seeing the sun, following Peter's comments above it seems a bit debatable as to whether to bother or wait for the sun? But then again I could be waiting a long time for some sunshine and at least the forecast is dry for tomorrow :thinking:

Well there's no expiry date on the thread. Would much rather see people enjoy it and shoot it when they want than rush anything.

Already repacked and ready to go on to Andy on Monday.

Well there's no expiry date on the thread. Would much rather see people enjoy it and shoot it when they want than rush anything.

I've started shooting with my roll, got a few more ideas to keep within the P theme.
It's been hard to make the time in recent days but I'll get there. :)

So did the box make it all the way to the end of the line @RaglanSurf ?

It's not got to Nick yet, it's at the post office and I shall pick it up today and wing it onward tomorrow (y)

Boo, oly's meter has apparently done its last. Looks like I've got a spare packet of hearing aid cells if anyone needs them?

Thinking, because it's winter maybe I'll try exposing at 200. I thought I'd check the Massive Dev Chart... but I've drawn a blank so far. Just what IS Polypan F, and any idea of precessing times in HC 110?

Thinking, because it's winter maybe I'll try exposing at 200. I thought I'd check the Massive Dev Chart... but I've drawn a blank so far. Just what IS Polypan F, and any idea of precessing times in HC 110?
I linked an article in post #4 on the first page of the thread, and he used HC 110 for his 4th roll. Worth a read as I don't think he really liked the look he got?

any idea of precessing times in HC 110?

In post 31 I shot it at 200 in Rodinal 1+25. I guessed the exposure based on MDC times of 6 min @50 and using their "rule of thumb" of x2.25 to give me 13.5min and the exposures look good to me. HC-110 (B) shows 9.5 mins at 50 ISO (@sirch did his in HC-110 so can confirm perhaps?), so I reckon 21 mins should see you right. You could always do a test by shooting off a couple of frames, cut them out of the camera and dev them in a film cannister holder.

I guess there's stand development too which is an option?

As a plus, My 200 push didn't show a lot of contrast which was nice.

Last edited:
Back