Poppies 2013

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I think this is about the right time this year to start looking for poppies.

Any sightings this year? Please share.

I am primarily interested in South West, and Midlands, but let's get the full picture for everyone here!

I've seen no fields yet, my normal fields haven't come out so far. I keep seeing the odd road side poppy, there is even one growing out of the kerbline in my street.
Let me know if you find any, I have a lot of plans for poppy fields this year.

Got a good few out here. Looking good in the yellow of the rape fields.

Mike

There is the beginnings of a poppy field visible from the A3 in Surrey just before the turn off for Ripley when travelling north.

There is a large poppy field behind the Homebase superstore in Minworth near Sutton Coldfield

Address
Walmley Ash Road
Minworth
Birmingham
West Midlands
B76 1FG

Anyone in the mid norfolk area, there is a mound of earth excavated earlier in the year that is covered in poppies.
Situated on the B1108 between Wicklewood turning and Hingham.
Plenty of space to park as well!
Best early in the morning as they fade as the day goes on!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/capturedbycarol/9157900791/

Last edited:
Those of you in the Dartford/Kent area - there are two fields that I am aware of - one of them is on Eglantine Lane, Farningham and the others are in a field at the junction of Top Dartford Road, Barn End Lane, Goss Hill. And, I think there are some up at Eynsford too - but not confirmed this. There's deffo lavendar at Shoreham, but you cant get into the fields :(

Those of you in the Dartford/Kent area - there are two fields that I am aware of - one of them is on Eglantine Lane, Farningham and the others are in a field at the junction of Top Dartford Road, Barn End Lane, Goss Hill. And, I think there are some up at Eynsford too - but not confirmed this. There's deffo lavendar at Shoreham, but you cant get into the fields :(

Thanks for these - will check out this afternoon.:clap:
Eglantine Lane has been a favourite over several years but seemed very sparse when I checked in 2012. I drove a friend made whren we went to France one year - she was on poppy lookout along the A2/M2 there and M20 back!

Sometimes you can also get poppies in the distance when getting the lavender.

Thanks again(y)

Poppies are in full bloom here in East Kent, around Dover-Canterbury-Ramsgate triangle.

Off to Ashwood near Kinver tomorrow. Been told there's a good display over there.

Good excuse to pop into the best garden centre in the Midlands too.

Found a beauty at the side of the M1 J37 barnsley, with parking spots & easy access footpath. Just been to find it tonight after seeing it on my way home from work earlier in the week.
The field is full of them, and has great views beyond. Unfortunately the sun/clouds didn't play ball tonight, but I'll be heading back there very soon for another attempt.

Lane Head Rd, Cawthorne, Barnsley, South Yorkshire S75, UK
http://goo.gl/maps/p2yKf

Any luck finding any yet Tomas?

My search on flickr was totally fruitless so far. I am not in a position to drive 100s miles in a hope of something this time.

Also posted in the other thread, but for those that missed it..

I drove past a huge poppy field today, off the A44 between Moreton in Marsh and Chipping Campden in /Gloucestershire/Oxforshire opposite the A436 heading towards little rollright.

Not much parking around, but there was a footpath going down the far edge of the field, and according to the OS map, one going right through the middle too.

Also a few hundred yards further, the Rollright stones are there for all you astro photographers.. Its a dark sky location and great for start trails.

Co-ordinates.
51.963519, -1.601136

I drove past a huge poppy field today, off the A44 between Moreton in Marsh and Chipping Campden in /Gloucestershire/Oxforshire opposite the A436 heading towards little rollright.

Not much parking around, but there was a footpath going down the far edge of the field, and according to the OS map, one going right through the middle too.

Also a few hundred yards further, the Rollright stones are there for all you astro photographers.. Its a dark sky location and great for start trails.

Co-ordinates.
51.963519, -1.601136

Now this sounds like it could be worth a visit. Thanks for the info! :)

Closer to the M1 than shown on that link. It's the second field as you come under the motorway :)

Not been travelling that way recently but in 2008 there were a few poppy fields in that area, this was the map at the time.

2ykmc6r.jpg

I've been travelling M62 East lately and there's a bonza hilly poppy field at Ferrybridge, right on the A1 junction with the M62.
There's a belting picture there for certain with Ferrybridge power station cooling towers bellowing out a trail of steam in the very close background.
Looked it up on Google Earth and I'm buggered if I can see an easy shot without getting squeshed on the hardshoulder or.....tresspass:(

2010ro.jpg

Co-ordinates.
51.963519, -1.601136

nice one (y) Would you expect them to last till weekend?

nice one (y) Would you expect them to last till weekend?

I would think so, didnt look like the field was fully developed, there was a lot of rape in there though.

There were a couple more fields in that area on the way back to Stow from there but I can't recall the exact locations.

Poppies are in full bloom here in East Kent, around Dover-Canterbury-Ramsgate triangle.

Do you have anything more specific, was thinking of driving over to find some but it would be great to have a definite place to head for as I do not know the area at all well apart from how to get to West Hougham

Back