Beginner Poppy Fields in Yorkshire

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks....I was looking for the map of poppy fields but as I cant find it to add to I thought you may be interested in the fields I have located throughout Yorkshire to take your photographs.

as follows.

A19 From Thirsk to York...look for the Beningborough turnoff and the field is on the right hand side just as you turn on to the lane that takes you to the hall.

North Stainley Ripon... Locate the Staveley Arms on the A6108 and the field is just to the right of the pub carpark.

Thirsk on the Cemetery Road near to St Marys Church, the field is on the right hand side as your driving out of Thirsk.

Malton. Drive on to the Wellham Road, end of that road turn left and locate the Eddlethorpe Hall,drive past it and the field is about half a mile up that road on the right hand side as your coming onto the Cordike Lane.

A170 Pickering to Thornton Le Dale...field is on the right hand side about quarter of a mile from Thornton Le dale village driving from Pickering...

Strensall near York... Locate the Carr Lane and there is a field full of rapeseed on the right, a few poppies can be found with them...

A61 between Busby Stoop and Skipton On Swale bridge...field is located on the right heading for the bridge behind a disused barn which is visible from the road..

Ripon Dishforth Road, On the bend just past the entrance of Feedale farm, the field is on the left looking over towards Feedale Farm.

Ferrybridge Power station West Yorkshire...field is located in front of station off the A162 into Brotherton.

West Heslerton Malton, Field is located off the High Street opposite Rectory Farm which sits between the High Street and the A64.....(to get to this a couple of fields is need to be crossed to get to it)

I would like (if possible) if anyone knows where any other fields are to list them below.....thanks guys.

enjoy.

Great list, Carl, I've seen none in my local area so can't add any I'm afraid.

I'm going to have a drive to some on your list to see if any are still there :)

Cheers.

Thanks for putting all those up Carl, I've seen none around the usual places near York so far so will check some of those out and add any more if I find them .

Just to say there's now a field on the a64 , if you are going from York towards malton, a few mile out of York, there's a cafe called the highwayman on the left hand side of the road, then about half a mile further on there's a turn to the left towards Stockton on forest and there's a field of poppies there.its just fairly large patches of poppies rather than a whole field..

Back