North England Poppy & sunflower field locations North Yorkshire

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm new to this site and I'm sure it's been asked before but.... Does anyone have any recommendations for poppy, sunflower or bluebell fields in North Yorkshire, particularly the York, Harrogate, thirsk and Northallerton areas, and the best time of year to get them, I saw there was a map someone had set up but I can't figure out how to access it, thanks all :)

I'm not sure about those areas, but i understand that sunflower fields are difficult to come by round here. In my research, there is one that sometimes shows near Hartlepool, but I've not seen any shots from it this year.
There's plenty of poppies to be had in the fields around Northallerton, down towards Thirsk and up to Richmond, you'll struggle to find anything this year though - June to July is the best time I find.
For bluebells, there are plenty of spots to be found. All the woodland around Richmond gets pretty laden with bluebells, I'd imagine that it would be worth heading up Sutton Bank to some of the woodland around there, or any quieter forest sections closer to your location.

Hope that helps a bit

The woods around castle Howard are usually good for bluebells, I think they were end of April,early may this year..there's also usually some poppy fields around that area too probably June,July time.

Back