Porsche GT3 mk2 photo shoot... my best photos yet :)

8 & 9 are sheer magic!!! some excellent panning!

Like the idea of No. 1, but it doesn't quite hit the mark. But by that, I mean you are at 85%, so nearly there - unfortunately, I can't quite put my finger on what it is to make it 100% .... perhaps the shadows from the binnacle hoods?

PS - might want to blank out the rear number plate?

8 & 9 are sheer magic!!! some excellent panning!

Like the idea of No. 1, but it doesn't quite hit the mark. But by that, I mean you are at 85%, so nearly there - unfortunately, I can't quite put my finger on what it is to make it 100% .... perhaps the shadows from the binnacle hoods?

PS - might want to blank out the rear number plate?

When you figure it out let me know ;)

No need to blank out the plate - the owner said he wants people to know it's his car!

Loving those images!! Gotta love a Porsche!!!!

I don't get why people blank out number plates. You see number plates on the road, what's the difference?

Number 1 is fantastic, and in general they are all superb. Some really good use of perspective compression and the panning shots are ace. Not keen on #7 but #8 and #9 are ace.

Defo not your best photo's yet in my opinion. Wb all over the place, under and over exposures etc.

Posted this on DS but not sure you go on there all that often:

1. Nice one. Maybe a little more light on the right?

2. Flash is way too harsh, not good.

3. Bad comp, little wonky, lighting bad etc etc

4. Like it, but you can't tell it's on a track, which being a GT3 and all, you should be!

5. Like the idea, looks a tad over to me in places.

6. I'd be temptaed to warm up the image or partley desaturate the car and road, since when has tarmac been blue?

7. Nice idea, not sure it worked but I like it anyway. I'd be tempted to straighten the horizon.

8. Stay away from the fake flare, look awful. Quite like the shot, be nice if it was a little further away, maybe?

9. Love the kerbs. Desat the car slightly.

Really like 3 and 8 but with a couple of concessions...

Have you rotated number 3? The perspective seems all wrong for some reason. Think it might look better after selectively reducing the saturation of some colours.

The fake lens flare in 8 really annoys me, to the point of distraction. I'd like to see it without the fake flare and with sensor dust removed.

A very good set though!

George.

You have good camera, acces to all these beautifull toys and yet there is so many silly mistakes in your shots.
What bothers me most is that on many shots car si centralized in the picture. Also plenty of falling horizon shots. I don`t do car photography but i see that many of your shots have potential and they are ruined by silly things.

Like the ideas, but not there for me. I know how difficult cars are, so really appreciate the sentiment but something is missing.

Like the edited set on Flickr, love the front on corner one now! Looks great..really angry!

I like the set - one or two stand out ones - 3 & 5 for me!
One or two not so great!!

#1 is a cool pic - but looks strange - and I think its because it looks like its a pic from a console, like a screenshot from a Gran Turismo game

*All comments above are, of course; in my very untrained, noobie opinion*

*Edit*
Just seen that your post above; saying you had re-edited the set!

I like this one (y) Could work well also with a really gritty PP
4106050744_9c953be4e2.jpg

Last edited:
You have good camera, acces to all these beautifull toys and yet there is so many silly mistakes in your shots.
What bothers me most is that on many shots car si centralized in the picture. Also plenty of falling horizon shots. I don`t do car photography but i see that many of your shots have potential and they are ruined by silly things.

The shots on the main straight were central in the frame to get some symmetry with the track and car. The shots in the garage were central in the frame were shot central in the frame as there was very little space to shoot. I do know about the rule of thirds, I just don't choose to always abide by it!:p

Sweet pics man.. although i dont know why but i think the colours could be a bit more vibrant... just my 2cents there..

Great pics though!!

Normally I desaturate my photos, but I've gone for a different look with this set, I don't have a calibrated monitor though, so can't be sure that I've got it right..

Like the ideas, but not there for me. I know how difficult cars are, so really appreciate the sentiment but something is missing.

Like the edited set on Flickr, love the front on corner one now! Looks great..really angry!

Thanks mate :)

I like the set - one or two stand out ones - 3 & 5 for me!
One or two not so great!!

#1 is a cool pic - but looks strange - and I think its because it looks like its a pic from a console, like a screenshot from a Gran Turismo game

*All comments above are, of course; in my very untrained, noobie opinion*

*Edit*
Just seen that your post above; saying you had re-edited the set!

I like this one (y) Could work well also with a really gritty PP
4106050744_9c953be4e2.jpg

I don't like that one you posted at all, but the owner does..
I like the dash photo - nice and surreal and almost CGI..

I might have another shoot on a different track of a different car soon...

George

really like some of these
but I agree, you should have used a polariser :p
the action shot at the end and the posed shots with the track running away in the background and the winners for me

Must be doing something right if you are making Photo of the Week on Pistonheads!!! :clap:

Good stuff!! (y)

gt3Small-L.jpg

Back