Portencross pier

Dejavu

Suspended / Banned
Name
Grant
Edit My Images
No
I was hoping for another nice sunset like we had last Sunday at Seamill but it was not to be. Monday was mostly cloudy with little sunshine and as the Sun went down it just disappeared into the clouds:-( I got a few images on the rocks next to the car park before moving on to the pier for some long exposures, which I'm quite pleased with.

1)59sec exposure
http://www.dejavuphoto.net/Photogra...ilbride-13th-April-09/Small/tp/IMG_9578fp.jpg
2)43 sec exposure
http://www.dejavuphoto.net/Photogra...ilbride-13th-April-09/Small/tp/IMG_9576fp.jpg
3)On top of the pier, 20 sec exp
http://www.dejavuphoto.net/Photogra...ilbride-13th-April-09/Small/tp/IMG_9573fp.jpg

IMG_9578fp.jpg

IMG_9576fp.jpg

IMG_9573fp.jpg

Last edited:
I like these despite their overall blueness

Damn, I was about to say that.

Erm... :thinking:

Bloomin eck, number #3 is my fave too. The composition is one that's done to death, but it works well and it's nicely executed for me with equal portions running out of the frame either side, and the end below the horizon. (y)

I like the blue hue. Its believable when its in that after twilight light. Was there myself last year and looked at the pier on an evening similar to this. Unfortunately there was a fisherman on the end of the pier which put my off slightly. Like the third the most, nicely balanced and calm

Thanks for the comments everyone

I like these despite their overall blueness - My favourite is #3. Have you tried any converted to mono?

Thanks, no, I've not converted any as I'm not a fan of B/W images

I like the blue hue. Its believable when its in that after twilight light. Was there myself last year and looked at the pier on an evening similar to this. Unfortunately there was a fisherman on the end of the pier which put my off slightly. Like the third the most, nicely balanced and calm

Thanks. The blueish hue is a result of shooting with the white balance set at auto but I never bothered to adjust it in DPP as I quite liked the colours as they were. Changing the colour temperture to around 9000k would have resulted in a more greenish hue, so, I just left it at "shot settings".

There were quite a few fishermen on the pier when I arrived so I just went somewhere else and came back an hour or two later. I'm glad they were gone when I returned or I might have been put off as well.

I do love these shots. I feel the blue suits them, however its not to my taste. I find qhite balance tweaking fun, and sometimes like to push the colours a little.

Either way, a lovely set. I think I prefer the first. I can spot a composition within it which I think I would prefer, taking away maybe 10% from the left, and 15 to 20% from the bottom, creating a panoramic look.

Gary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dejavu - You are posting oversize images. Please replace them with correctly resized ones (800 pixels on the longest side) and do not just edit back the oversize originals!

Dejavu - You are posting oversize images. Please replace them with correctly resized ones (800 pixels on the longest side) and do not just edit back the oversize originals!

Bob, I did not just edit back the oversize originals, those were all resized to 1000px wide which I thought were the image dimensions allowed on this site but I see now that is just for pano's.

ps any smaller and you will have to give away free magnifying glasses for everyone to view them:LOL:

Bob, I did not just edit back the oversize originals, those were all resized to 1000px wide which I thought were the image dimensions allowed on this site but I see now that is just for pano's.

ps any smaller and you will have to give away free magnifying glasses for everyone to view them:LOL:

A man after my own heart! :D I also agree 800 is too small.

Gary.

You can post an 800 pixel or smaller version and a link to a larger version of any size you like. The 800 pixel limit was decided by a member vote and has had plenty of discussion.

I didn't make the rule... just trying to enforce them. Oh and it's Robert not Bob :)

Back