Portfolio presentation

Name
Lotte
Edit My Images
No
when you have landscape photos, what is your preferred method of presentation in a portfolio?

Like do you just put them in so you have to turn the book round, or do get it printed in two halves so that when they're slotted into your book it's the right way round already.

Not sure that made any sense!! :p

I'm not sure I understand that, but in my A3 porfolio i just puit them into the sleeves landscape.
Almost all my photos are in landscape orientation anyway so the portfolio stays landscape whilst anyone looks through it.

It depends, but as i mostly shoot portrait if i have anything in landscape i tend to crop it and fit two to a page so the book doesnt have to be turned. If you have really nice detailed nature photos or something though then you would probably want to show them on a full A3 page. I dont think theres anything wrong with turning the book round. you could always just group landscape shots together.

You can buy Landscape portfolios.

Check out silver print. OR London graphic centre.

I mostly shoot portrait but I have a couple of landscape photos to include.
Can anyone suggest where to buy a realy decent port that isn't too expensive? Obviously there's the sites Sarah just suggested which i've already had a look at :)

This is the reason I really like the portfolio boxes that you have prints in plastic inside, that way you can spread them out on the desk and talk about each individually.

sideways isnt a bind...is it?

most people can figure out to turn the book round to see the page...

This is what I mean:

http://news.deviantart.com/article/129556/#/d2yz5sx

http://news.deviantart.com/article/129556/#/d2yz5c4

They're both just rough print outs so they obviously look a bit crap, especially the second one as there's a white border and massive gap so the photo is really split in the portfolio

side ones are ok...cant really get landscapes upright...unless its a wide bound portfolio book...
the split one doesnt really gel wel...
all my presentation folders are upright...usually contain A4 memos and minutes though...but the most available media for presenting work....
cheers
geof

Back