Portra 160 5 pack 120 £26.99

Nod

Tootles
Name
Nod (UK)
Edit My Images
Yes
At 7dayshop.com . Not sure how that compares to elsewhere for price but thought it worth bringing to people's attention.

Thanks for the heads-up. I just grabbed a couple of boxes before next years 30% price hike.

Thought I'd hijack onto this thread rather than starting another. With the upcoming Kodak price hike, I thought I'd better stock up. Deep breath, this is going to hurt (me)! I keep a spreadsheet with all the various suppliers I use, so I decided to refresh the prices and work out a bundle cost for 10 Tri-X and two 5-packs of Portra 400, all in 135. I included 7dayshop (who don't do Portra 400 in135, apparently), AG, Analogue Wonderland, Discountfilmsdirect, Mr CAD, Silverprint and Wex, as well as Fotoimpex and Macodirect. I thought the last two would be cheapest, but a bit of research showed me that my current credit card charges 2.99% on top of whatever unknown exchange rate they use, and factoring that in (plus some assumption on the exchange rate); that and the current disastrous Euro rate made them the most expensive (I might get one of those travel credit cards that charges you 0% for foreign purchases!). Overall prices ranged from £150 to £182! Now some of the unit prices might have reduced for 10X, but there's only so much info I can take on board.

Anyway, I was pleased that the cheapest was Analogue Wonderland, whom I have used several times before. They were over £10 cheaper than the next cheapest, and of course, free postage. The order won't come until next year now, but I checked and the prices will be as ordered. :)

Thought I'd hijack onto this thread rather than starting another. With the upcoming Kodak price hike, I thought I'd better stock up. Deep breath, this is going to hurt (me)! I keep a spreadsheet with all the various suppliers I use, so I decided to refresh the prices and work out a bundle cost for 10 Tri-X and two 5-packs of Portra 400, all in 135. I included 7dayshop (who don't do Portra 400 in135, apparently), AG, Analogue Wonderland, Discountfilmsdirect, Mr CAD, Silverprint and Wex, as well as Fotoimpex and Macodirect. I thought the last two would be cheapest, but a bit of research showed me that my current credit card charges 2.99% on top of whatever unknown exchange rate they use, and factoring that in (plus some assumption on the exchange rate); that and the current disastrous Euro rate made them the most expensive (I might get one of those travel credit cards that charges you 0% for foreign purchases!). Overall prices ranged from £150 to £182! Now some of the unit prices might have reduced for 10X, but there's only so much info I can take on board.

Anyway, I was pleased that the cheapest was Analogue Wonderland, whom I have used several times before. They were over £10 cheaper than the next cheapest, and of course, free postage. The order won't come until next year now, but I checked and the prices will be as ordered. :)
Top work Chris (y)

Back