Portra 400

Edit My Images
Yes
Really enjoyed shooting and getting the photos back from this roll, shot over a couple of weeks generally just being a student around London.

The roll of Portra 400 was developed and scanned at Boots to continue my investigation into what the quality is like at different places. Nothing so far stands up to the quality at Metro Imaging, but the quality wasn't so bad from Boots, and a damn sight cheaper. That's five different places used for five different rolls now.

Here are a few faves, bar one shot I'm keeping back for March's Film POTY.(I'm telling myself that I won't hold back shots for more than about a month or so)

Link to the rest HERE

Olympic Park Reconstruction

Crepuscular Rays

Commercial Recycling Only

End of The Line

Sparks

Eleanor

No2 is FAB!

Great set of pictures and interesting range of subjects. As said #2 is very good indeed.

Thanks guys :)

I thought the city was nicely framed by the buildings either side, canal leading up to it and finally the rays breaking through overhead. Thought I had to retain the sky detail so chose to try expose for the sky.

Finally the cyclist set off as I was framing the picture and added another interesting subject to it

Last edited:
Great set of pictures! As above I like the number 2 but they are all interesting and I also like the smoothness of the outer frame in the portrait. I can see from them that you are having fun with your camera and that you are finding some interesting framings. Keep more coming :)

Number 2 as has been said is very good indeed. I also really like the last one. :)

1 and 3 for me great colors, I have never shot film and I this quality it does look great, maybe I should try the Pentax Spotmatic + Takumar 5mm F2 I bought a while back

Jesus I haven't been on the forum in ages!
Thanks for the comments guys, maybe I should jump on board the POTY again for some inspiration...

Back