Poses for Short Models

Name
let me think....Donald
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a model coming soon how is a little short (5ft) - what poses work well and which ones should be avoided for people who are not so tall and why?

If height is of an issue then I guess the most important thing is to avoid having anything else in the shot which would show a sense of scale to the viewer.

Otherwise, unless she's a midget I reckon it'll be pretty hard to tell what size she is.

Shooting low aiming high helps alot, shoot portrait, fill the frame. Umm high heels for girls, make sure they stand up straight.

Personally I dont think height is a mega issue, though magazines and people on tv such as presenters tend to be 6ft +
...usually.

Stilts and yellow pages:) - better make sure she wears a full length dress then.

It was one of the first things she mentioned so I guess it is something she is conscious of.

Thanks for the replies and lets she how I get on - just need her to confirm a date now

Donald

Sounds as if it may be more important to her than the final viewer of the photos.

As long as you flatter her I'm sure she won't mind how you get the shots!

Rose

Make sure you have a huge chair and some great big wellies and stuff.
And a Giant!

...Seriously : 5'0" isn't so very short for a woman. As long as she's less than 5' round it'll be fine.

Take a look at all the Tom Cruise movies. Should give you an idea(y)

Sounds as if it may be more important to her than the final viewer of the photos.

:agree: It probably is
Because when you are short, you tend to get a lot of comments from people about it. I would say try not to say too much about it while she is there.

Seriously, why should height be an issue? How would you shoot children how are shorter.

I just get down to their level (some might say I'm already there) which usually means scrambling around on the floor.

Back