Posiview's 'You say, I shoot' project *Number 8 added

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Apologies for the naff title.

My 52 project is nearing completion....:crying: and I've terminate my project 100 early. Now I've decided to undertake another learning project.

What I intend to do, with the help of the TP members, is make one photograph a week. Post your ideas as "I want you to photograph......" and I'll keep a list on this post.

It's a learning process for me.

Now, I'm taking 3 passes: if I can't do it or don't have the skills/equipment and 3 delays: if I don't have time to do the theme - emergency use only.

I'm very much a learner, so please bare that in mind.

I have camera...:D. 18-55mm, 50mm 1.8, 55-200mm and 11-16mm. One off camera flash (non TTL).

Thanks and, well, let's get started.

Number 1 from Tori: Fluffy - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4163580&postcount=10
Number 2 from ecniv: (big) building with double (or more) exposures - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4184974&postcount=21
Number 3 from Paulie-W: Something "Sporty" http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4199006&postcount=34
Number 4 from ChickenDipa: Food: runny or sticky http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4222354&postcount=37
Number 5 from michael23: http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4241555&postcount=49
Number 6 from Jeff: Red on Red http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4244352&postcount=52
Number 7 from michael23: Cold http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4250938&postcount=57
Number 8 from Metalblock: Something photographed with a rear curtain flash sync? http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=4255140&postcount=58

Last edited:
Can I start? I think it's a great idea, maybe you could suggest something for each suggestion you get? Or I'd be happy to join you!

Can I make a start? ;-)

Tori ;-) :LOL:

Ok...will you pick me one too please? Are you happy to share? :) I could start a new thread for mine?

Your first challenge is to photograph something furry ;-) Enjoy!

Tori ;-) :LOL:

Ok...will you pick me one too please? Are you happy to share? :) I could start a new thread for mine?

Your first challenge is to photograph something furry ;-) Enjoy!

Nice one. I'll give you 10 minutes to start a thread and I'll start thinking (I need my beauty sleep) and I have no furry animals to photograph...but I do have an idea how I can do this one - might be a bit disturbing :D

Cheers.

Lol! I'll look forward to seeing it :) My thread is up :)

Just add a subject/technique/genre and I'll see what I come up with.

I have camera...:D. 18-55mm, 50mm 1.8, 55-200mm and 11-16mm. One off camera flash (non TTL).

Could go well...or might fail very quickly :coat:

adny..great idea... but this could be quite ....amusing :naughty:

..no evil laugh, grimacing, face pulling, contorted by being doubled over nor maniacal folding of paper into little bird shapes intended

Well, after leaving my prop in a warm place for a few days, I give you furry.

Taken with 18-55 at...I can't remember. F5.6. OCF set mid power.

In case you can't guess....they are furry beans....:D I should have taken a full size photograph to show how small the 'fur' is.

Using the revering ring is quite hard, manual focusing very close and getting beans on the lens...:puke:

You don't want to see my first attempt at furry.....:bonk:

Now, it's someone else's turn to set me a challenge and I now have 7 days + 5 from this one to produce the photograph.

Cheers and thank's Tori.

Week 1 Furry by andysheader, on Flickr

Great idea, could have lent you furry Andy!!

Lol! Furry beans, who'd of thought it! ;-)

I have a few days left for mine...

posiview said:
Now, it's someone else's turn to set me a challenge and I now have 7 days + 5 from this one to produce the photograph.

Sorry Andy...that's like saying if I post a photo for the 52 on the Sunday a new theme should be pulled and you have a week and six days to do it..?? You gave the impression it was one shot in seven days... Sorry for sounding like an inspector in the logic police... :police: and flame me if I skim read your challenge.. :D I usually do...

Nice idea for a thread..... if you scroll up to post 8 digitall gave you an idea too.

I think a bit further out and more DoF required for your furry shot - although you've done well!

Is it only in camera processing? ie sooc?

Suggestions: (big) building with double (or more) exposures OR Something with nice bokeh and crisp details...

Great idea, could have lent you furry Andy!!

Bring them to Scarborough, I'll eat anything on toast!

Lol! Furry beans, who'd of thought it! ;-)

I have a few days left for mine...

Cheers, looking forward to seeing it...

Sorry Andy...that's like saying if I post a photo for the 52 on the Sunday a new theme should be pulled and you have a week and six days to do it..?? You gave the impression it was one shot in seven days... Sorry for sounding like an inspector in the logic police... :police: and flame me if I skim read your challenge.. :D I usually do...

You have a valid point the logic of which I will completelyignore ;)

There is NO WAY I will be able to wait more than 7 days before I post another photograph.

Nice idea for a thread..... if you scroll up to post 8 digitall gave you an idea too.

I think a bit further out and more DoF required for your furry shot - although you've done well!

Is it only in camera processing? ie sooc?

Suggestions: (big) building with double (or more) exposures OR Something with nice bokeh and crisp details...

Thanks, I too loads of photograps, started with the tripod but ended up hand held. I really need a macro lens :D

Bit of PPing: contast and sharpening.

By "(big) building with double (or more) exposures...", do you mean HDR?

Thanks all.

Andy
I posted on Tori`s thread that i`m interested in this project, and she reckoned it would be ok if I joined in (y)

Absolutely, the more the merrier.

I'm thinking it might be challenging :)

Cheers and I look forward to your photographs.

Cheers Andy (y)

3 photographs, hand held at 1250 ISO on a chilly night in Leeds City Centre.

I've tried to give it a dreamy feel and I've left the distortion in because I quite like how it emphasises the size of the building.

I went to take my original idea last night but the building in in quite a dark area and after being there fore about 15 minutes and after getting a few...."Nice camera, mate!" looks I scarpered...:wacky:

Anyway, here is number 2.

Week 2 BUILDING by andysheader, on Flickr

Nice one Andy (y)

"I want you to photograph......" Something "Sporty" :D

Last edited:
So you'll now be looking for a new theme.
Something photographed with a rear curtain flash sync?

I think it will still work with the off camera non TTL flash as I think it's the camera setting that triggers the flash at the end of the exposure.

something different...from behind the rear curtain of the musical Hairspray using sync'd flashes hidden in Edna's wig... wear bright clothes..you'll fit in better :naughty:

Nice one Andy (y)

"I want you to photograph......" Something "Sporty" :D

Cheers, on the list for week 3...(y)

Good project idea Andy, good luck! I am considering giving something similar a try. Jon should do it too!

Will have a think of topics for you ;)

Do it.....post an idea and I'll add it to the list.

Really nice picture... like it!!

Like the border too.. done a great job on it (y)

Cheers...

So you'll now be looking for a new theme.
Something photographed with a rear curtain flash sync?

I think it will still work with the off camera non TTL flash as I think it's the camera setting that triggers the flash at the end of the exposure.

You and you're blooming flash thingamajigs...right off to Youtube to search for rear curtain flash sync....:thinking:

something different...from behind the rear curtain of the musical Hairspray using sync'd flashes hidden in Edna's wig... wear bright clothes..you'll fit in better :naughty:

I'll park that one....:bat:

Cheers.

We had our club seminar on Sunday...my first time photographing such an event and it wasn't easy. I photographed in RAW for a while then switched to JPEG :puke:

This was one of the first RAW photographs taken with 11-18 @ 11mm. I do like this lens.

I spent some time tweaking it and flicked it to B&W, not expecting anything much really, but after a few more tweaks, I have to say I do like the contrast and depth, and also the mats looks really great.

I've also posted a colour one as well.

I bought something for my week 5.......and am trying to get my daughter to assist, without much luck at the moment.

I'm also pondering Neil's rear curtain flash theme....:bat: :D

Cheers.

Week 3 sporty b&w by andysheader, on Flickr

Week 3 sporty colour by andysheader, on Flickr

Hi Andy

Love that mono version & like the angle...guess thats the lens effect?...(y)

I took a trip to one of my favourite places today Salts Mill which I would highly recommend (y)

I had lunch: Chicken Caesar Salad, 2 Mochas and....Sticky Toffee Pudding.

I was going to photograph when it arrived, but I thought that would be a bit predictable. So, I ate it and it was divine...:D There was remnants of the pudding and I photographed it @ 11mm, 2.8 ISO 400.

Must go back soon and have the same again....

Week 4 sticky food by andysheader, on Flickr

I saw the words 'sticky toffee pudding' mentioned, got excited (and hungry) and then no sticky toffee pudding!! Looks like it was nice. I would have cleaned the dish out abit more though :LOL:

Nice shot even if its missing the sticky!! (y)

I saw the words 'sticky toffee pudding' mentioned, got excited (and hungry) and then no sticky toffee pudding!! Looks like it was nice. I would have cleaned the dish out abit more though :LOL:

Nice shot even if its missing the sticky!! (y)

I ALWAYS lick my plate at home...:D, but the restaurant was busy so I chose not to.

I bought a bottle of honey for the sticky theme, but trying to focus, as you can imagine, was an issue. I ended up using my toe on the remote :puke:

Here's the best I managed. I'm aware of the shortfalls :crying:

Cheers.

Week 4 sticky food back up by andysheader, on Flickr

I'm still working on week 5. I've had several attempts but nothing worth posting. I need to get outside....bbbrrrrrrr!

I'll role week 5 over and need more ideas.....(y)

Thanks.

Back