Possible meet for 52'ers 365'ers & any doing a challenge

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

trying to guage interest in arranging a meet for all of us doing any sort of challenge....52,365, personal, themed etc etc

Possibly arranging meets for folks in different area's as one central one may be a tad difficult due to the vast spread of areas that we come from .

Say North , South , East & West meets , ideally on the same day & maybe even with video links so we can all natter (y)

Be really good to meet the folk of here & put faces to names , pick brains etc
Also to include family / partners if you like, just basically a great chance to spend a day with like minded (if slightly mad) folks from here :LOL:
Soooo.....anyone up for it ?

Post up & let us know & we can go from there

cheers all, Lynne x

Meant to ask : can you post up your location if not already under your avatar

I'm in Rotherham , South Yorks

Names so far :

Dawn(Drodd)
Lynne (Blondie606)
Neil(Mentalblock)
Kev(Samuelslade)
Jo(jopool)
smoothedit
Michael(michael23)
Matt(MWHCVT)
Martin(Marts)
Andy(posiview)

Last edited:
lynne, as i mentioned .. i'd up for this... though yikes..video link.. i have a face for radio i'm told so i'll have to dig the tux out..to impress i guess..?

I think that this would be a great idea, I am Warwickshire based so a central one would be best for me but on the other hand a national one also sounds like a great idea, I am guessing we could also maybe look at car sharing if a national one was going to happen, so TP'ers in the same area could share the cost of travel, I would be happy to offer others a lift

I take it we would be looking at a 2012 date as a kind on celebration of completing our respective challenges?

Hiya Lynne,

Thanks for taking the lead on this and starting the thread.

I'm game for a meet up, either local or national is fine by me. I'm in the East Lancashire area but could join up with a neighbouring area if there aren't any from my area.

Hope we get enough response for this as it would be great to meet up with all.

Cheers

Dawn :)

morning all, i;ve been thinking about this...and my temporary decline of co-leadership/organisational membership..etc... and seriously if you want a hand, id be more than willing as i read somewhere that the UK is a very big place...

right..i've got my idea for WRONG...so got the bike out and off to the showroom... (y)

Goody , up to 6 now (y)

Matt...I was kinda thinking/hoping for this year , maybe last few months to help boost us all in the final stages but no reason why we couldn't do one next year as well(y)

Car share is a great idea if we get a good enough response

Samslade...all help greatly recieved...... & you have piqued my interest....pedal or motorbike?

I'd be up for it.

The OH's fake "I'm interested look" isn't working any more, so it would be good to meet up and talk togging with other toggers.

A local one would be good, but I'd be up for a national meet too.

Haha, mine doesn't fake it. She makes it pretty damn clear she isn't interested whatsoever lol.
Unless I am photographing the kids of course

Samslade...all help greatly recieved...... & you have piqued my interest....pedal or motorbike?

Lynne..me <> motorbike ...

it a mountain bike i had adapted for combined off road AND road use... the idea is to get a bike carrier and go places where vehicles struggle to go... note idea.. :naughty:

..home now to work on WRONG... and that in itself is WRONG as the weather is gorgeous... but things to do, like dessert and circus later.. (y)

Hi Lynne,

Fantastic idea :)

Hows about linking it in with this years TP Day?

What date are you looking at - I'll check the diary but would be interested

I'm in South East London

Jo

This could be a bit too ambitious, but perhaps we could organise an end of 52/ 365 party in 2012 with some of our best shots printed out?

As for this meet, some time after the summer hols would be good for an annual meet as most people have got their holidays out of the way. A regional meet could be June/ July?

Are you keeping a list of those attending Lynne?

Good to start getting some feedback about this , once we have a clearer idea on numbers & locations we can sort a day & place or places (y)

Mentalblock.....( I'm currently having one of these as can't recall your real name !) a party for next year sounds brill to me...(y)

Names so far :

Dawn(Drodd)
Lynne (Blondie606)
Mentalblock
Samuelslade
jopool
smoothedit
michael23
Matt(MWHCVT)
Marts
Andy(posiview)

Hi all

trying to guage interest in arranging a meet for all of us doing any sort of challenge....52,365, personal, themed etc etc

Possibly arranging meets for folks in different area's as one central one may be a tad difficult due to the vast spread of areas that we come from .

Say North , South , East & West meets , ideally on the same day & maybe even with video links so we can all natter (y)

Be really good to meet the folk of here & put faces to names , pick brains etc
Also to include family / partners if you like, just basically a great chance to spend a day with like minded (if slightly mad) folks from here :LOL:
Soooo.....anyone up for it ?

Post up & let us know & we can go from there

cheers all, Lynne x

Meant to ask : can you post up your location if not already under your avatar

I'm in Rotherham , South Yorks

Names so far :

Dawn(Drodd)
Lynne (Blondie606)
Neil(Mentalblock)
Kev(Samuelslade)
Jo(jopool)
smoothedit
Michael(michael23)
Matt(MWHCVT)
Martin(Marts)
Andy(posiview)

bump

Count me maybe possibly perhaps in. Even what you lot consider a northern meet is rather far south as far as I'm concerned. But depending where and when, I would definitely want to come along.

I'm up for this (depending on other plans) and am in Saddleworth, which is either in Greater Manchester or West Yorkshire, depending on who you ask.

A little bump and an update on the list

Dawn (Drodd)
Lynne (Blondie606)
Neil (Mentalblock) - Liverpool or Manchester
Kev (Samuelslade)
Jo (jopool)
smoothedit
Michael (michael23)
Matt (MWHCVT)
Martin (Marts)
Andy (posiview)
Colin (Barrysprout)
Mark (Stirling Archer)
Neil (Maccy18) - Manchester

Can I suggest that if you're new to this thread and/ or not on the list above, that you copy the list and add your name when you post in this thread!

It may also be an idea if you note where you would prefer a regional meet; the national will take some thinkning!

Thanks

I would say sundays are better, as my daughter is at school, unless it fell during a school holiday. I would have to rely on my brother to drive us though. As for where, I am still thinking.

Interests in photography might be useful as well, to help find a location.

Interests for me

Wildlife
Macro
Portraits
Landscapes.

Places/Ideas
Clumber Park
Carsington Resevoir
Chatsworth

Will try to think of other places.

Sundays are usually fine for me. Saturdays are ok too as long as it's outside of the football season. I could do weekdays but would need to book the day off work.

Hi ya

any more interest for this meet ? At the moment its looking like a Northern meet with the possible exception of Jopool (london)
I'd be happy to car/fuel share (if anyones brave enough to get in a car with me :eek:)

Next question is what type of togging would peeps prefer ? Can you add your style beside your name ?

Dawn (Drodd)
Lynne (Blondie606) - wildlife, motorsports,nature/macro ,street or people if I have a good tutor :LOL:
Kev (Samuelslade)
Jo (jopool)
smoothedit
Michael (michael23)
Matt (MWHCVT)
Martin (Marts)
Andy (posiview)
Colin (Barrysprout)
Mark (Stirling Archer)

Dawn (Drodd)
Lynne (Blondie606) - wildlife, motorsports,nature/macro ,street or people if I have a good tutor
Kev (Samuelslade)
Jo (jopool)
smoothedit
Michael (michael23)- Macro, Wildlife, Portraits, Landscapes, motor sports, nature
Matt (MWHCVT)
Martin (Marts)
Andy (posiview)
Colin (Barrysprout)
Mark (Stirling Archer)

Hiya,

Yep Lynne, it is looking like a North meet so far. We will have to trying to think of a day/time and location.

Judging by how folk have been feeling over the past few weeks, it might be an idea to take advantage of the summer and have a mid term meet, or something like that ... to lift the spirit and encourage the team.

What do you all think?

Cheers

Dawn :)

I'm prepared to try my hand at anything. Will leave blank after my name as there is a lot less chance of me being able to make it.:crying:

It may be time to get out the maps and crop the areas we all fall into in the north, then with closed eyes take a drawing pin and mark a spot .... that way it will be pot luck and hopefully it will be close enough for Colin to attend too. :D

now that sounds like a plan! I volunteer to do the drawing pin

Thanks Colin .... but that is a drawing pin on the map ... not on a fellow TP member :LOL:

Dawn (Drodd)
Lynne (Blondie606) - wildlife, motorsports,nature/macro ,street or people if I have a good tutor
Kev (Samuelslade) - landscape / street / secret underground bunker systems...?
Jo (jopool)
smoothedit
Michael (michael23)- Macro, Wildlife, Portraits, Landscapes, motor sports, nature
Matt (MWHCVT)
Martin (Marts)
Andy (posiview)
Colin (Barrysprout)
Mark (Stirling Archer)

unlike what *** may have heard i'm easy...as long as it isn't too far north...i've heard there are lions and tigers and bears oh my...up there..

Back