Possibly my best car photo yet?

Very good tonal rendition, Ian! (y)
Isn't it a tad on the softer side?

When you're finished… give me the key! :D

Nice.
Have you considered trying a 16:9 aspect ratio and then a bit of a vignette to draw in the eye.
Just a thought.

Last edited:
Is it Yours?
That is the question.
I have one also au06 reg, chillie red 111r
The car is nice and shiny, I like the processing and the reflections on the paintwork and it looks low in the grass. Nice one.

It’s nicely done but such a nice car looks odd in a field. Out of context. Not many Lotus’s can make it onto a field and like a Rhino in Tescos it’s not their natural habitat.

If you could choose an alleyway, maybe with a wet road to add some reflections then that would be cool.

Very good tonal rendition, Ian! (y)
Isn't it a tad on the softer side?

When you're finished… give me the key! :D

Thanks.. I didn't want it to be too sharp to be honest, but I see what you mean.

I'm afraid if I gave you the keys, I'd have stolen them - it's not mine... :)

Nice.
Have you considered trying a 16:9 aspect ratio and then a bit of a vignette to draw in the eye.
Just a thought.

No, I hadn't - but I might give it a go!

Is it Yours?
That is the question.
I have one also au06 reg, chillie red 111r
The car is nice and shiny, I like the processing and the reflections on the paintwork and it looks low in the grass. Nice one.

No, it's not mine - it was in the overflow car park at a classic car meet not far from me. I was in there as well, as we got there a little too late. Lots of very nice cars in attendance, but the backgrounds weren't great in the main car park.

It’s nicely done but such a nice car looks odd in a field. Out of context. Not many Lotus’s can make it onto a field and like a Rhino in Tescos it’s not their natural habitat.

If you could choose an alleyway, maybe with a wet road to add some reflections then that would be cool.

That's true, and it was sitting very low in the grass - hardly any clearance at all! I thought the same thing about the location, which is why I went for the shot. Exactly that locational weirdness!

Back