Post Apocalypse

Name
Charles
Edit My Images
No
More challenging processing I'm sure will bring out the HDR haters from the woodwork.

PostApocalypseKGroveWeb.jpg

A bit to far for me :shrug: I can see what you were going for but to me this looks so unreal that it's a bit off putting, to me it looks like a film set for horror film so in that context I reckon you've done a good job, it's just not for me

Matt
MWHCVT

Creative Forum and it's certainly creative - not sure I like it but it certainly has its place.

This is an example of why we have been asking for a Creative section, gives everyone a chance to go over board. There is no reason for HDR haters to enter this section...
Loving this. Nice angle.. Just looking for the bats to fly out..
Liking your work Charles.

Last edited:
Cheers all.
As I suspected, would not be to everyone's taste.
Thought the facade on the museum lent itself to a little playing around.

Took a few shots of a church for a priest who asked me to do something different and after sending him the result he broke off communications ... or should that be excommunicated me :shrug:
StMary_sHRDtp.jpg

Nice to see there were a fair number who liked it (y)

How long was that in the oven to cook? Lol
Took the pic about a year ago and played around with it when I was bored and returned to it on seeing the new forum, so not sure probably a few hours in all just experimenting with it - too much time on my hands.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of hdr as such, although liked your earlier post, I grew up on the doorstep of this place, but this is made more haunting in the knowledge of the architect/builder of the museum who flung himself off the top, it was alleged the building is the wrong way round......

I'm not normally a fan of over the top HDR - However, this one is the exception. I love the fact that it has taken on the look of a comic book, because the subject and the angle of the shot lend itself perfectly to that treatment. As an image it works brilliantly.

Only knowing the basics of HDR I love the first one Charles, it reminds me of something out of Batman/horror movie. As has been said, the angle is great. Admiration for trying something different.:clap:

Cheers guys
Seems a few have mentioned the angle - in close and pointing pretty much straight up. Really wanted to lie down and shoot from ground (to include missing bottom), but too many people milling in / out.

I am not a fan of hdr as such, although liked your earlier post, I grew up on the doorstep of this place, but this is made more haunting in the knowledge of the architect/builder of the museum who flung himself off the top, it was alleged the building is the wrong way round......

Hi alan
Heard the story of built wrong way round, but the builder doing a suzzi is new to me.

AWESOME!!

This is one of the best examples of effective exploitation of the more extreme aspects of HDR. It's clear from the title that you intended to exploit the surreal aspects of deliberately overcooking HDR. Well done, I’m impressed.

Cheers guys
Seems a few have mentioned the angle - in close and pointing pretty much straight up. Really wanted to lie down and shoot from ground (to include missing bottom), but too many people milling in / out.

Hi,

Welding glass or BnW 110 filter? Really low down and a remote release, as long as people don't stop, they'll disappear!

Liking #1, the comic style works well with it.
#2 isn't bad - not sure why he'd break off communications, but you could've done several shots (normal and processed) they'd have the choice then.

Either that or get them to specify what they want out the pic to start with..

people who complain it doesn't look real are missing the point aren't they? It isn't meant to be a record shot. Love it!

Great HDR shots...

Nice to see the place from a different angle as well...

STEVIER

I love the first shot, very comic book style. I've just started playing with HDR but not took anything that would lend itself to this extreme treatment but that shot just works. Awesome.

I do tend to think that if you can see where a filter or effect has been used, it's not been used well. This shows that's absolute rubbish.

As with all art, there can't be rules and each creation has to be seen in it's own context. The shot at the top is just fabulous, subject, shot and processing in total harmony.

Cheers for all the +ve comments √

Hi,

Welding glass or BnW 110 filter? Really low down and a remote release, as long as people don't stop, they'll disappear!
Thanks - will give that some thought. ecniv.

Back