SBDgital's Photo52...Starting week42

Hi Scott, firstly welcome to Project 52 and wow what a start! You must be mad trying to catch up. If I were you I wouldn't go all out trying to catch up all the missing weeks before year end. I would just do as much as I can and carry on through next year. However, very good luck to you.

Weave; good shot i like it but the left hand oof part is a bit distracting.

Power; I like the lighting and the DOF.

Work; nice colour and I probably crop out some sky and clone out the person down at the beach

Blur; nice composition just the right amount dof.

Rapid; another good shot. Was that at Knockhill?

Hi Scott and welcome to the 52.

I see you've done a little game of catch up on the previous weeks, are you going to try and get all of them?

Power
I've just got my Nifty 50 (yes that is the nick name for a 50mm prime, apparently!) and love the DOF from the 1.8. I feel the f1.8 will be leading me on a long path of creativeness!
The shot is certainly on theme and the DOF helps keep the eye on the object.

Work
The location looks great with all those rocks jutting out in to the sea. I hope you've got loads of great shots while you were there. As for the image and the 52, it's a bit of a tenuous link to the theme.

Blur
I thought this was your 'Power' shot!
It is a shame that the red platform is in the shot,
You could have done with getting the barrel more on the top right third intersection.
Shining a torch down the barrel may have added to the image too.

Rapid
Nice bit of panning, and some motion blur in the wheels too.
A slightly longer shutter speed may have helped lose more detail in the background, but what you have works.

Weave
It's certainly on theme.
Rather than the focus being in the centre, I'd crop some of the left off, just to the left of the basket corner. This would place the focus on a third.

I've subscribed to your thread so I'll be sure to drop by again.

Hi Scott, firstly welcome to Project 52 and wow what a start! You must be mad trying to catch up. If I were you I wouldn't go all out trying to catch up all the missing weeks before year end. I would just do as much as I can and carry on through next year. However, very good luck to you.

Weave; good shot i like it but the left hand oof part is a bit distracting.
Power; I like the lighting and the DOF.

Work; nice colour and I probably crop out some sky and clone out the person down at the beach
Blur; nice composition just the right amount dof.

Rapid; another good shot. Was that at Knockhill?
Im not gonna go daft, I'll go from here and start a-fresh in 2012 (y)
I agree that the left of the image is quite distracting. What is OOF?:thinking:
I'm really surprised by the outome of this, it really WAS just a mess around snap
I was going to clone put the person but I think, iirc, Lewis had that peron as subject in his own shot so....
Yeah it was Knockhill....well done ;) :clap:

Hi Scott and welcome to the 52.

I see you've done a little game of catch up on the previous weeks, are you going to try and get all of them?

Power
I've just got my Nifty 50 (yes that is the nick name for a 50mm prime, apparently!) and love the DOF from the 1.8. I feel the f1.8 will be leading me on a long path of creativeness!
The shot is certainly on theme and the DOF helps keep the eye on the object.

Work
The location looks great with all those rocks jutting out in to the sea. I hope you've got loads of great shots while you were there. As for the image and the 52, it's a bit of a tenuous link to the theme.

Blur
I thought this was your 'Power' shot!
It is a shame that the red platform is in the shot,
You could have done with getting the barrel more on the top right third intersection.
Shining a torch down the barrel may have added to the image too.

Rapid
Nice bit of panning, and some motion blur in the wheels too.
A slightly longer shutter speed may have helped lose more detail in the background, but what you have works.

Weave
It's certainly on theme.
Rather than the focus being in the centre, I'd crop some of the left off, just to the left of the basket corner. This would place the focus on a third.

I've subscribed to your thread so I'll be sure to drop by again.
Agreed, but i was trying to work with what I had, It'll do...
:bang:Why didnt I think of that :(
I was struggling to keep the cars sharp, but yeah...with practice, slower speeds (y)
As above, I agree

These are some really good feedback, thanks....I look forward to continueing the challenge

Back