Post you Kodachrome photos

I've found Kc from the early 70s can be tricky to scan, but the slides I took in the 80s seem to scan relatively easily.

H'mm strange as I don't have any problem scanning Koda or Agfa from 60s to 70s, but Perutz can be a slight problem as they tend to fade over the years. Maybe it's crap in crap out with some slides if a cheap camera was used as some of my Father's slides the colours aren't great, but he was always buying quite a few cameras from guys in the pub until I bought a VG camera for him.

...and another shot taken about 50 years ago with my own criticism, this time thought about composition and know what you are all thinking and is why didn't I put my wife more to the left...well I remember it well and didn't want the golf course showing in the picture (on the right). It's a sort of shot that you have to wait for the right clouds etc but didn't have the time on holiday
Thinking if I had all the lenses I have now from 20mm to 300mm and loads of zooms in the 60s and 70s...would I have taken better shots, well it would have been easier.
Also I don't why my Koda shots are not razor sharp using Pentax lenses...h'mm
Fc2qFI1.jpg

Some really lovely Kodachromes on here, I'm glad it's had a revival!

Here are some Kodachromes from our round trip of Tasmania, December 1975 (BC!).

a) Russell Falls, somewhere in the Central Highlands region (roughly just south of the centre). Yes, maybe a monopod or support and a rather slower shutter speed would have helped!

CS75Drescan34a_Adj.jpg

b) A tourist road, just to scare you! I'm sure roads like this have improved rather a lot. Although there is (as far as I remember) a popular viewpoint at the top, I couldn't find the location of this by searching online maps and aerial images.

CS75Drescan32c_Adj.jpg

c) Cradle Mountain, northern highlands. Probably the most famous "feature" of Tasmania. This was from our second visit; it was invisible when we went up there on our first full day, due to rain. On the upside, we saw a Tasmanian Devil on the bank by the road as we drove up!

After going round the island anticlockwise, a week later we had half a day in hand and went up again...

CS75Drescan25c_Adj.jpg

All 3 taken with the Electro Spotmatic I used in New Zealand. A very nice camera, IIRC!

Back