Post your best before and after processing

I Love this thread :D

Heres a couple of mine. Still some work to do on em like the sky in the one with the car and some minor touch ups but, I came across this thread and thought I'd post them anyway.

They're both scanned from my Mum n Dad's Wedding album.

MumDadBWtoColourBoth.jpg

And number 2.

MumDadFamilyWeddingBoth.jpg

This has to be my best save I think. Basically, I took a trip upto the local waterfall at the quarry with a mate, I'd felt ill all morning, but pushed on anyway. Got up there, it was drizzling, it was windy, muddy, cold, I felt like utter tosh, aswell as feeling like the contents of my stomach at the time were going to make an appearance (i'd eaten something the night before which hadn't agreed with me) so it was a short lived visit.

I snapped this, looked at the LCD to review it and thought dear god, turned the camera off, stuck it in the bag and went home to bed.

This was the original photo.

Waterfallcopy.jpg

So, the next day when I was feeling all good again, I set about processing it as I felt there might be a small chance I could recover it. I altered the exposures, converted from RAW to jpeg, HDR'd & tonemapped it, and then tweaked certain bits in photoshop.

I ended up with this.

Waterfall.jpg

Not my best photo to date by any means, but I like it due to how tosh the original looked.

I Love this thread :D

Heres a couple of mine. Still some work to do on em like the sky in the one with the car and some minor touch ups but, I came across this thread and thought I'd post them anyway.

They're both scanned from my Mum n Dad's Wedding album.

MumDadBWtoColourBoth.jpg

And number 2.

MumDadFamilyWeddingBoth.jpg

Not sure I like green teeth though :D but the Venomater might

I have two favs...

and this one. Before ...
IMG_8300_1.jpg

After....
2446494057_edd6f86168_o.jpg

Thats my old lighthouse ,,, well back in the late 60's to mid 70's ,,, my house was in front of the Has'bro lighthouse , in the Coastguard house.
Christ then a few later, i'm one at Dover ...... strangeeeeeeeeeeeee

did PP (removed the radiators) for Pirate Neilsouth:

Pirate Neilsouth's:
IMG_4235_6_7_9_tonemapped.jpg

Mine:
chruch.jpg

Here is my best attempt at photoshopping so far....

Original image;

CopyofIMG_2239.jpg

My attempt;

FORUMCopyofCopyofIMG_2239copy2.jpg

Firstly, I cropped the image. Then I adjusted contrast and levels. I created a duplicate layer, and set it to overlay. I then adjusted the saturation of the duplicate layer, added a slight guassian blur to the 2nd layer, and changed the transparency slightly. Finally, I adjusted the colour saturation of the final image.

I am currently using Photoshop Elements 1! yes, the original version! It came free with a scanner that we bought at work, about 10 years ago. I'm sure the later versions are a bit easier to use, so if anyone has an old copy that they'd like to donate, I'd love it. :love:

024Cobbler.jpg

024Cobbler2.jpg

NC30_32.jpg

NC30_3.jpg

P1080649.jpg

P10806491.jpg

Here is a few of mine from when i messed about with photos I had before I got my first DSLR no where near as good as some of the others but I like them! :)

This is when I was just learning how to take Smoke art pictures, however compaired to the original I think I did quite well with this one!

Original:

DSC_0030%20(Medium).JPG

After:

Twin%20Dragons(framed)small.jpg

(y)

This is when I was just learning how to take Smoke art pictures, however compaired to the original I think I did quite well with this one!

Original:

DSC_0030%20(Medium).JPG

After:

Twin%20Dragons(framed)small.jpg

(y)

Thats really good how did you do it! Im so rubbish with PS.

How do people learn PS, what sort of books to people use? Im amazed at some of these pics there amazing!

Thats really good how did you do it! Im so rubbish with PS.

How do people learn PS, what sort of books to people use? Im amazed at some of these pics there amazing!

Cheers matey! theres a bit of a tutorial in this thread I started a while ago: Linky!

For me probably these

IMG_1069.jpg

became

IMG_1069-2.jpg

and I'd like to say thanks to those on here that helped me to achieve that.

Itler65 :D Ha Haaaaaa.

Aye, as I said, still some finishing off to do......Sky, eyes, teeth.

Those are amazing transformations! One small observation; the grass in the group shot is too bright, looks a bit unnatural. Can I suggest that you tone it down a bit?

Some nice processing here folks!

One of fav's, clicky for larger versions if you like.

To:

This was my first attempt using GIMP to clean up clutter in the background of a photo.

Before:

italian_day_08_0028-800.jpg

After:

italian_day_08_0028-800e.jpg

Enjoyed looking through this topic, some super recoveries, especially liked your horses head 'recovery' Hacker.

Some fabulous examples of post processing on this thread. My personal favourite of recent times has to be this one, taken sometime after midnight in Covent Garden, Christmas just gone. I deliberately pushed it to try and recreate the magical effect of walking round the corner and suddenly seeing these beautiful lights and decorations in a deserted market place. Its still a contender for this years Mucky Mansions christmas card ;)

Before

coventgarden1.jpg

After - though the resized version doesnt do it full justice - HDR and tone mapped in photomatix, verticals straightened using PT lens, curves adjusted slightly, sharpened a touch in PS, and voila.

coventgarden2.jpg

Funnily enough, I can still remember quite vividly how cold those flagstones were to kneel on :bonk:

Can't see the images LadyLens

I can defo see them, and that second one is amazing.

I can see them now (y)

I copied the URL and pasted it into my browser and got the error "couldn't find server" - looks like your hosts server was throwing a tantrum just when I happened to look.

Great work there LL and I agree, would make a great Crimble card (y)

Brilliant picture Ladylens :clap:

That's excellent Donna (y)

Fuji S9600 'raw' setting & adjusted in Photoshop.

HollyEye.jpg

holly20eye.jpg

It looks like ive got a lot to learn on the processing side some of these pictures look absolutely gorgeous.

Here's a few of mine.

Lake Louise
Before:
2759576055_9edc8e7e1b_o.jpg

After:
2759494747_43c3639c07_o.jpg

Canadian Railroad
Before:
2756620529_e7d33ebc29_o.jpg

After:
2756530237_9eaacd3486_o.jpg

Back