Post your best before and after processing

perhaps worth starting with your own? i cant post anything as im stuck at work at the mo

Yeah, good idea fletch. Lets see your one first :LOL:

I'll find mine in a minute (y)

Hi

Cant remember if I've posted this before it was a restoration for someone on flickr

Before

2058355886_bacf78a294.jpg

After

2055027388_5af941819b.jpg

Dave

I have two favs...

Before..
IMG_8146_1.jpg

After...
2523859167_23b9148b30_o.jpg

and this one. Before ...
IMG_8300_1.jpg

After....
2446494057_edd6f86168_o.jpg

Guys, how on earth do you do stuff like this? :thinking: Are they all shot in Raw then digital dark room stuff or is it layers and filters in PS?

Those trees especially, how did you create such lovely greens and vibrant colours?

Some great work everyone (y)

Jo, really like the one of the old car. You have cloned out all the background clutter really well - bunting, cones, village hall - really nice :D(y)

Slightly different take on the subject. The missus was using my A100 at a recent polo tournament and this was one of her shots which I almost deleted.

morrco1.jpg

then I thought I'd see what I could do with it and came up with this:

morrco2.jpg

This is my proudest recovery. I went shooting Menai Bridge on a rough night and this happened :(

IMG_0828.jpg

BUT after a bit of processing and fiddling with the RAW i managed to get it looking like this

IMG_0828v2.jpg

It's a RAW shot to start. I HDR'd it with photomatix... theres the beans spilled

I think I need to start playing with photoshop more.

Its amazing the transformations that can be made.

But it would be really useful, if the posters, would provide some tips on what they did.

My wife asked me to remove the white headcollar on this shot of our horse, some parts were relatively easy but other areas like the area of knots behind his eye were very difficult, particularly when I had to create bridle straps from scratch to hopefully include stitching and aging (it is quite an old bridle). In all it took about two hours to do. It was all done using the clone stamp tool and varying the softness and opacity.

Harolds-Pk-Farm-170607196.jpg
Harolds-Pk-Farm-170607196v2.jpg

Wow, very nicely done Colin. Fabulous looking horse as well! (y)

Good thread idea this Whittie! (y)

Colin that is a great job on the horse. Years of hiding evidence obviously helps :whistle: :LOL:

davenjulie - I am not sure I can trust you again, that is scary. Think you could have unsmudged those faces though! :thinking: :D

I cannot do that removal thing I am afraid. I do however like to improve dull images and consider this to be one of my more successful efforts:

before
2620471083_0db94a0f17_o.jpg

after (hope you can tell!)
2621294678_cea7d8e322_o.jpg

Ok heres mine I might have posted this image before
I cropped and desaturated the image as there was loads of crap in the background
original

original.jpg

and cropped/ desaturated

cropped.jpg

Stef

I have put the photos back on did i do something wrong? first go at this, is it ok or am I way off the mark!

soloelephant0-1.jpg

soloelephant-1.jpg

thanks
cas

Good thread idea this Whittie! (y)

Colin that is a great job on the horse. Years of hiding evidence obviously helps :whistle: :LOL:

davenjulie - I am not sure I can trust you again, that is scary. Think you could have unsmudged those faces though! :thinking: :D

I cannot do that removal thing I am afraid. I do however like to improve dull images and consider this to be one of my more successful efforts:

before
2620471083_0db94a0f17_o.jpg

after (hope you can tell!)
2621294678_cea7d8e322_o.jpg

quailty work there! i reallly really need to learn to use PS

Jimmy would you mind explaining the tweaks you applied to this shot? looks an amazing transformation :) I'm just starting out in PS so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

If I remember correctly that was all done in "Photomatix" which I use for HDR shots (which that is). If you don't know what HDR is check out - http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/ - all I did was my usual fiddling to get some sky detail back and then gave it a very warm tint (Photomatix has a temperature slider) it is also quite over saturated. I can't remember any exact settings :( but it is basically a HDR image with the wrong white balance :p

I did this years ago in a very primitive unsophisticated version of some software or other for my friend Katy (right in the shot) who hates her "goofy teeth and zits". She was very pleased with the result.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/Solginga/Original.jpg

Before

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn257/Solginga/CharlotteKaty.jpg

After

I've got CS3 now so when I have time to give it a go it will be interesting to see what I can make of it (didn't have masking facility or such like in days of yore). #2 looks terribly over smoothed etc. on screen but did translate very well to small print and made her look like a film star.

A shot I never thought I'd recover. It took a loooong time in Photoshop but I think I got there in the end :D

Before.....

Tiger%20pre%20PS.jpg

After..........

Tiger%20VI%20lo%20res.jpg

:)

Back