Post your best motorsport shot of the 2008 season!

Hi, this is my first post here and I love really enjoy motorsport as well as aviation photography, I don't have a DSLR (yet!) but thought I miles well post this, hope you like it.
p55096039.html

you might want to try that again :)

Mole2k, that shot of the Scooby is really cool, love it...some quality shots in this thread.

This is probably my favourite of the year, first publication...

Guy Martin, Hydrex Fireblade, Ulster GP 08 Practice... Guy had so much bad luck this year from start to finish, rounded off with another crash at Macau (two years in a row) stopping him from competing :( Better luck next year sir!

guymartinip3.jpg

Did have one I liked even more than this, of the late Martin Finnegan... I had a corker of him in his fateful last race and lost it when my hard drive crashed and I hadn't backed up... that was a lesson learnt the hard way. RIP #45.

Last edited:
Maserati MC12 - Monza - FIA GT 2008 - VERY WET
1.jpg

very nice indeed. if that yellow pick up wasnt in the background it would be awesome.

Was that saturday? Glad i missed Saturday
Totally agree re the yellow pickup.

Twas indeed Saturday, the cars were making bow waves....great shots resulted :)

Due to work, I've not been out much this year doing "hobby" photography apart from San Marino of course, thus I HAD to include a shot from there plus I am biased towards Lancia's, so................

1553_1678097.jpg

I feel the shot captures the unique atmosphere of the event with both the crews & speccies out to have a good time. Cheers.

LAWRENCE

Justbeen flicking through some pictures and i'm a bit dissappointed as i cant find one i want to post. I've only been to 2 events this year :(

I think i'll go with this one, taken with the old D40 :)

DSC_0366-vi.jpg

Not really an action shot, but had a go at doing a 'zoom burst' on Matt Neals BTCC Vectra VXR.

IMG_0086.jpg

Last edited:
How was that done? It is bloody fantastic.

Thanks.

It took a lot of trial and error.

Basically you need a zoom lens with a manual zoom ring and fairly long exposure (less than 1/60th sec (this one was 1/2 as second) but it should be long enough to allow you to zoom from one extreme to the other). You focus on the subject at a wide angle, press the shutter release and rotate from the wide angle to telephoto as the exposure is made and hopefully you get this sort of result.

Fortunately the car was in an unlit pit garage so the light was quite dark which allowed the 'lengthy' exposure required. Ideally you need either a monopod or tripod, but it is possible to do 'free hand'

hope that helps

Regards

Keith

Thanks.

It took a lot of trial and error.

Basically you need a zoom lens with a manual zoom ring and fairly long exposure (less than 1/60th sec (this one was 1/2 as second) but it should be long enough to allow you to zoom from one extreme to the other). You focus on the subject at a wide angle, press the shutter release and rotate from the wide angle to telephoto as the exposure is made and hopefully you get this sort of result.

Fortunately the car was in an unlit pit garage so the light was quite dark which allowed the 'lengthy' exposure required. Ideally you need either a monopod or tripod, but it is possible to do 'free hand'

hope that helps

Regards

Keith

Thank you very much indeed :) I am going to give it a whirl :)

What lens was this with?

the lens was a Nikkor 70-300mm F4.5-5.6G VR

same camera, same lens, same day, I was pleased with the results using 'budget' kit. ;)

DSC_0339-vi.jpg

Heres one of my faves of the year, so hard to choose 1, but I will go with this one. Taken on the Mid Wales stages

FAVES3-1.jpg

Due to work, I've not been out much this year doing "hobby" photography apart from San Marino of course, thus I HAD to include a shot from there plus I am biased towards Lancia's, so................

1553_1678097.jpg

I feel the shot captures the unique atmosphere of the event with both the crews & speccies out to have a good time. Cheers.

LAWRENCE

Brilliant capture, you are so lucky to see that rallying. Wish we could get a few of these over here, one of my favourite cars.

Theres some great pics in here.

I have to say this is my favorite from 2008, The rear spoiler/bumper is pin sharp and i love the colours.

3110012474_64f392efc5_m.jpg

Last edited:
For me its got to be my shot of lewis one because it's great to have a f1 champ again!!
some people may not like him but the lad can sure drive!

second reason is that it was twenty years since i last shot motorsport and that was motorbikes so was really pleased i got a half decent shot!

lewisweb.jpg

S'not bad, that. Well done.

Back