Post your fav wildlife shot

Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Might have been done before but after looking at cosmix tiger post thought i would start this.

Heres mine to start it off

:D

Well as I may as well add mine, the 'Tiger Pic' mentioned in the OP. :D

IMG_1240.jpg

Would be one of may Fav shots I have taken.

Unfortunately, none of my favourite wildlife shots were taken by me :crying:

Here is one of my favourites which has stood the test of time. A water flea of daphnia

1397342248_95dd0612ce_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alby, how the hell did you take that? that's amazing they are only about 1 or 2mm in size! :clap:

Alby, how the hell did you take that? that's amazing they are only about 1 or 2mm in size! :clap:

It was quite simple really Ed. I made a small holding tank using 2 squares of glass with a bit of aquarium air tube curved in a U shape and clamped the glass either side. I filled the void with water and added a few water fleas and that was pretty much it really.

This one was taken when I was the apprentice with Photoplus :) It became Shot Of The Day and the pro I was with thought it was good :) So I'm proud of this and its also on my wall:

tiger00.JPG

My absolute favourite...Not british wildlife, but you didn't specify :p
3924671966_b5f1fda225_o.jpg

I have a few in close running, too, but I really like this one.

I think this one has to be up there (along with one I posted a little while back with a ducklings portrait)
IMG_5594.jpg

It's a tough one. This isn't the prettiest but for me is one of the most intense I've taken. Just over 2 years ago, it shows a wildebeest climing out of the Mara River having just survived the crossing. Although there are lots of pictures of them going in, I've seen very few of them coming out and just love the expression and the tension as she clambers out.

EOS-1D MkII, EF500 f/4L IS, tripod, sidekick, from a Landcruiser

Paul

Caught this lady at the Shamwari game reserve in South Africa. Thanks for looking.

IMG_8035.jpg

Last edited:
Grumpy badger, I love it having just returned from there in the last 2 weeks brings back so many fantastic memories.

I have loads of nice photos but want to keep them for competitions on here as you cannot enter any that have been shown before.

Amazing photos guys n gals.

This is mine.

3359931386_ce0d2b25ec.jpg

Not very exotic but I was quite pleased with this:

P1100038.jpg

but this one always makes me chuckle a little bit... I love yellow mongoose :love:

P1040998.jpg

sorry no entry but just had to say that i love this kingfisher pic by hunter87, its amazing..sod it im sellin up, whats the point lol.............

My humble attempt!

3820931176_d2652c5c13.jpg

Impossible to call really, but I'm quite fond of this one...

3491126053_8b5103a551_o.jpg

Not brilliant, but I like stoats and caught this fella as a grab shot whilst watching the long tailed tits in a hawthorn thicket.

Dead mouse warning.

Stoat003resized.jpg

They might not be the most impressive animals or technically correct shots but I do like the proper "wild" photo's (y)

one of my favs because it was genuinely wild, whereas perhaps some of my better shots are more dramatic animals, but captive ones at the end of the day.

2995448392_6abcc75a1f_o.jpg

Great shot, that's another I wish i had taken! (y)

I love the colours, the setting etc it all just looks right :clap:

Thanks Ed :D

There are some stonkers in this thread it has to be said. Would love to go on a safari and capture some genuine wildlife like some of the stuff here, but for now and armed with my new hide, will have to content myself with British wildlife, which even just looking through this thread, certainly isn't lacking in colour and variety.

Back