Posting video to Twitter?

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
I always seem to have a problem posting video to Twitter, either it just ignores my video or it just stays at 0% uploading, or it uploads but is rubbish quality.
My D850 is capable of pretty good video I understand and can record in mp4 or MOV ... I currently have it set to record MOV but changed a video I took today with both Faststone and Handshake video converters.
The recording was at 1080 x 30p (??) I have no idea if that is good or bad as I don't normally do video, the D850 is capable of 4k but I haven't worked any of that out yet. :rolleyes:
What (or how) do I need to convert the video to in order to get the best quality uploaded to Twitter?

30 just indicates frame rate (30fps - Frames Per Second).

For a start, drop that to 25 (assuming you're in the UK) so avoid any flicker issues around lights.

As far as I know, the .mov and .mp4 extensions are near as dammit identical - one is Windows and the other Apple (at least originally). you can literally right click, and rename the file and change the extension from one to the other without an issue.

The best way is probably to upload your video to Youtube and embed it or just post a link
1080p is now pretty much default full HD, with modest file size, which almost everyone can stream and play OK.

The best way is probably to upload your video to Youtube and embed it or just post a link
1080p is now pretty much default full HD, with modest file size, which almost everyone can stream and play OK.

Hadn't thought of doing it that way, I know Youtube uploads always works for me so maybe that's the best way to go ... thanks :)

Back