Daily POTDer's Challenge Support Thread - Let's support each other

vince31 said:
Some awesome work in these challenges , keep up the good work folks and thanks for the support you are giving me in my Quest

SamuelSlade007 said:
I'll second this... I don't get to comment on the brave few we are... But its a brilliant to see what everyone comes up with... !!! (y)

Exactly guys there are not many of us currently but the quality of my fellow madhouse members is great (y)

Without sounding... Not sure what the word is...but I honestly don't think I could have made it this far with any of my challenges whether it be the potd , photo52 or even my photo24 ..If I was still living with my wife!!?

Its incredible how much time I must have spent on a lot of these shots in total ... So hats off to the rest of you if you have a partner that is a potential distraction for you taking that vital shot ... (y)

Or am I presuming too much ..and hit on a commonality between us...we're loners .... Filling our lives with looking down a viewfinder. Somehow though, I think its just me .. Lol!!

SamuelSlade007 said:
Without sounding... Not sure what the word is...but I honestly don't think I could have made it this far with any of my challenges whether it be the potd , photo52 or even my photo24 ..If I was still living with my wife!!?

Its incredible how much time I must have spent on a lot of these shots in total ... So hats off to the rest of you if you have a partner that is a potential distraction for you taking that vital shot ... (y)

Or am I presuming too much ..and hit on a commonality between us...we're loners .... Filling our lives with looking down a viewfinder. Somehow though, I think its just me .. Lol!!

Well it's the single life for me ;) as I said to a TPer on a recent meet, I already got one expensive drain on my wallet with adding a girlfriend ;) no that I'm totally resistant to the idea but she must have her own lens ;)

It's ashame the section doesn't get that much support compared to other areas of the forum but you can't win them all !!

I really is I try hard to promote it with regular tweets etc but to drag people in to provide support seems very hard, to many people never leave the talk sections :(

I really is I try hard to promote it with regular tweets etc but to drag people in to provide support seems very hard, to many people never leave the talk sections :(

i imagine this is true... i feel its still a culture of either afraid to leave critique or feedback .. or sticking to areas they feel comfortable in... though many a time i have surfed through the N&G section not leaving feedback as the work is often very good, and i don't want to leave 'nice photo' or 'good pose'..

which is where the competition to promote critique and feedback comes in i guess...

but we POTD are a hardy bunch of outcasts!!! :bonk: .. we don't need much stroking to post our work!!

It's ashame the section doesn't get that much support compared to other areas of the forum but you can't win them all !!

i was about to say you were quoting the BeeGees... but that was a different title.... which doesn't detract anything away from admitting to knowing at least one of their toons.. :razz:

I think people tend to find a groove and stick in it. I never even look in the motorsport section, even though I'm sure the photography is great simply because the subject doesn't interest me, for example.

...and even if you try some new in a different section...doesn't mean anyone will pay you attention..to the point you feel like measuring a large flighless bird.....disbanding the project and asking the nice mods to move your thread back to the dungeons where it rightfully deserved to be posted in the first place.. :shrug:

...and even if you try some new in a different section...doesn't mean anyone will pay you attention..to the point you feel like measuring a large flighless bird.....disbanding the project and asking the nice mods to move your thread back to the dungeons where it rightfully deserved to be posted in the first place.. :shrug:

That is ashame Kev !:shake:

vince31 said:
That is ashame Kev !:shake:

No worries vince ..I know my place .. Put photos in a full fat forum for critique and get swamped by insomniac mods lol!! I'll finish the 24 photos shortly...

No worries vince ..I know my place .. Put photos in a full fat forum for critique and get swamped by insomniac mods lol!! I'll finish the 24 photos shortly...

and me ;) I shave TBY ;)

Im really struggling today, not even home yet and no idea what to photograph.

I really need the weather to get better or all my pictures will be random indoor shots. Managed to get one in today though.

I really need the weather to get better or all my pictures will be random indoor shots. Managed to get one in today though.

What I tend to do on days with a lack of motivation & poor weather is get the camera out and take photos of anything and everything, usually I'll go after 5 minutes that would look well, for example lit with a small torch or on a reflective surface. But then again people do say I have the imagination of a 6 year old :bonk:

Last edited:
What I tend to do on days with a lack of motivation & poor weather is get the camera out and take photos of anything and everything, usually I'll go after 5 minutes that would look well, for example lit with a small torch or on a reflective surface. But then again people do say I have the imagination of a 6 year old :bonk:

:LOL::LOL: not a bad imagination to have!

Back