Pound land film

Wow that's a bargain..six films scanned and put onto a CD for £1

ASDA only charges for the CD the price of the scan is included in the dev. price, you do not get it any cheaper for just dev. though. My local ASDA now charges £2.50 for dev. and a pound for the CD so two films dev. and scanned would be £6.....

Some Asdas have put their prices up when I went to a different one to my regular.
I'll find out this weekend, I have 6 for processing!

The ASDA in Southampton doesnt even do it :/

Never done it or stopped? I'm not sure how Asda's work but it would seem the store manager can make a decision to take away the film machines and place those blasted digi thingies (that look like they take a memory card or whatever) that you insert..I was shocked that one Asda not far from central London (that I used to go to ) stopped...well you'd think with the millions in London the film machines would be well used as you only need say two hundred filmies (or whatever) each week plus they buy food etc to make a decent profit.

Never done it or stopped? I'm not sure how Asda's work but it would seem the store manager can make a decision to take away the film machines

I imagine they just remove them when they break down. Not economic to fix.

I imagine they just remove them when they break down. Not economic to fix.

You are probably right although the Asda I go to they repair it (once it was out of action for 2 weeks for parts)...the manager must be a filmie ;)

Never done it or stopped? I'm not sure how Asda's work but it would seem the store manager can make a decision to take away the film machines and place those blasted digi thingies (that look like they take a memory card or whatever) that you insert..I was shocked that one Asda not far from central London (that I used to go to ) stopped...well you'd think with the millions in London the film machines would be well used as you only need say two hundred filmies (or whatever) each week plus they buy food etc to make a decent profit.
Never done it. I have asked them and the manager looked like a dumb person answering cause he didn't even know what I was talking about

Never done it. I have asked them and the manager looked like a dumb person answering cause he didn't even know what I was talking about

Asda is owned by US Walmart and in the US it's a similar situation where some stores still do film and others have stopped.So would assume after the buy out in 1999, any store that had film machines installed were allowed to continue at the manager's descretion, rather than the policy of scrapping all machines like what seems to happen with Tesco.

excalibur2 that seems right what you are saying.

Its a shame nowadays its getting harder to get your films developed

Well for a cheap price ;) A few years back I found a Morrison that would dev your film for £1 on Wednesday only,,,the result was VG but the neg was covered in dust spots and had to rewash, when the weather warms up will take a motorbike ride to see if they still do it AAMOI.

Only used ASDA once, never again film all screwed up and tried to charge me for processing. Did loose the price of the film though.

Trevor

Only used ASDA once, never again film all screwed up and tried to charge me for processing. Did loose the price of the film though.

Trevor

Well unless the girl made a cockup with the chemicals then I suppose an auto dev machine can go wrong, but then if all the labs mentioned here uses a machine couldn't they go wrong as well....... and am surprised Adsa would bother arguing over £2 for dev.
We like solving\working out problems here could you do a digi shot of the neg?

Last edited:
Sorry, wrong thread. Can be deleted by a mod.

darn it nick, if you're gonna go round deleting perfectly legit entertainment content, what are we gonna laugh at..eh....eh ?

can't keep relying on Brian, sometimes even living legends have to sleep...:D

darn it nick, if you're gonna go round deleting perfectly legit entertainment content, what are we gonna laugh at..eh....eh ?

can't keep relying on Brian, sometimes even living legends have to sleep...:D

:D :D

When you are retired and nothing to do in winter months I can post all day and night...aren't you all lucky o_O :eek:

Won't work Asha as I'm used to talking to myself :D

I find that that is the best way of ensuring an attentive and intelligent audience :D

Reverting to the earlier point on using colour film for black and white, my limited experience with Fuji NPS160 compared to FP4 shows a marked lack of sharpness at my normal degree of enlargment, presumably due to the three emulsion layers and failure to use an acutance developer. Black and white films give latitude in development to adjust contrast, but colour films give flexibilty in applying contrast filters on conversion.

Last edited:
intelligent audience

Not 100% sure that applies to Brian tbh :exit::D:D

Reverting to the earlier point on using colour film for black and white, my limited experience with Fuji NPS160 compared to FP4 shows a marked lack of sharpness at my normal egree of enlargment, presumably due to the three emulsion layers and failure to use an acutance developer. Blavk and white films give latitude in development to adjust contrast, but colour films give flexibilty in applying contrast filters on conversion.

Experimenting to see what can be achieved is good, and can be fun, but ultimatley b&w film is produced for b&w results and colour film is produced for ........err, colour:D

The interesting (or intriging) possibility of using colour negative film as the starting point for black and white was first suggested to me in a book by the late Barry Thornton. He made the point that if you have a colour image, you can not only apply any colour filter you want in post processing, but you can do so to selected areas only; and all without any penalty for a filter factor. In principle, this is all true and a big argument in favour of starting with colour film. In practice, colour films now all seem to be rather faster than I'd like and of course have lower resolution. But whether this matters will depend on how big an image you want to produce.

Black and white film still leads for the ability to control contrast, and the wide variety of possible effects depending on the developer. Since I use large(ish) negatives, I'm not bothered by fine grain so go for acutance and hence don't make use of this degree of freedom.

Still loads at Uxbridge which is outer W London.....if the film is not shifting then I would think the manager wouldn't order any more when this lot is eventually sold.. :( And damn Poundland didn't have any OXO but for those who like cooking (and taking shots of their dishes o_O) all was not lost as Tesco were selling Knorr stock cubes at half price ...of course I bought up all the beef ones.

Last edited:
Back