Beginner PP software and guide books

Name
kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, hopefully, I shall be buying some kit in the next few weeks (most likely to be a d750) and a couple of lenses. I'm happy with how to use a camera, I use one at work, but I have no knowledge or experience of post processing.
I'll be looking doing it on a MacBook Pro and I am leaning towards subtle PP.

What are the options for PP software, the cost is an issue as I won't be looking to make any money from my photos, entirely for my own benefit so I don't really want to be shelling out big bucks on software? Is there such a thing as an easy to use manual for these bits of software? I'm not a techno-dunce but I'm not a whizz kid either.

Thanks for any assistance.

Kev

Have a look at this guide - https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...nverters-and-other-photo-editing-tools.70196/

Sometimes with paid for editors older versions are sold off fairly cheaply when a new version is introduced so it is worth checking.

If you have not already got one you'll also need some way of organising your photos or soon you'll won't be able to find anything.

I've found the organiser that comes with Photoshop Elements (PSE) pretty good - I bought PSE11 for a reasonable price when PSE13 came out.

Dave

What are the options for PP software, the cost is an issue as I won't be looking to make any money from my photos
Statements like that really get me - willing to spend tons on hardware (ah, it's glamorous, hey?) and tight as a wad about software as if it was only semi-necessary. But the two things go together in partnership. Unless you just want to take snaps, in which case you hardly need a D750.

Buy Affinity Photo, £48.99. Pro-level, and cheap because it's new and they need market share. Then you might decide that you want a separate raw processor - either a free one or maybe DxO, for instance.

Statements like that really get me - willing to spend tons on hardware (ah, it's glamorous, hey?) and tight as a wad about software as if it was only semi-necessary. But the two things go together in partnership. Unless you just want to take snaps, in which case you hardly need a D750.

Buy Affinity Photo, £48.99. Pro-level, and cheap because it's new and they need market share. Then you might decide that you want a separate raw processor - either a free one or maybe DxO, for instance.
Statements like that really bug me, I want to take photographs and tweak them so they are pleasing to me. I don't want to spend thousands on software and spend ages making perfection. I spend all day on a computer, I want to go out and play with nice kit in my hands if that's ok with you Rog?
But thanks for the heads up on the software though :)

A few years ago I brought a standalone copy of Lightroom, version 5 or 6 I think it is, before they went subscription based and I brought Scott Kelby's book to go with it.

I recommend both It's really easy and quick for editing

I still use the standalone version so no ongoing fees. I don't know if you can still buy them without the monthly/annual subscriptions tho.

That's is good to know that you can still buy LR6. Just need to scour the web to see where it can still be purchased from.

Back