Praktica MLT3 exposure counter

Name
Zac
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Coming back to film photography after a couple years and picked up a bargain praktica MLT3 for £25 with a nice lens on it.

They said all cameras are tested and sold in working condition. Came to put a 35mm super colour film in and wound it up and got nothing, the exposure counter read 0. I opened it up and checked it was feeding correctly then closed it. So I kept winding and resting and winding and nothing with the back closed I made it though a full 36 exposure reel and the counter didn’t change once.

Anyone experienced any issues and got any advice?

It doesn't matter in the slightest. Just keep shooting until you reach the end of the film. It will probably be 38 shots.

If you want to know if the film is connected properly, look at the rewind crank when advancing the film. It should turn if the film is moving. Opening the back will ruin any film already out of the cassette.

Have a Yashica FR with a similar problem. That one is down to a tiny faulty plastic gear. Sure the Praktica gears will be metal but a pain to fix. My solution was to borrow a knitting row counter from the wife and put it on the neck strap instead of a knitting needle. Just advance for each shot so I could note shooting details and know how much film left.

Last edited:
Back