Prescott Hillclimb - VSCC

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
Made the annual trip to VSCC Prescott for another long weekend at my favourite (by some way) event of the year. Spent more time this year around the paddock and vintage car park soaking up the atmoshere, so there's a bit of a mix of photos.

1/ As its Prescott, lets start with a Bugatti
prescott_2011_02.jpg

2/ Ideal setting for a vintage paddock
prescott_2011_09.jpg

3/ Vauxhall around Pardon Hairpin
prescott_2011_01.jpg

4/ Throwing it about
prescott_2011_05.jpg

5/ GN Spider getting some attention
prescott_2011_10.jpg

6/ ... and a hornet
prescott_2011_03.jpg

More to follow.....

Last edited:
7/ PicPic taking the hairpin
prescott_2011_07.jpg

8/ Disappointed to get a 'modern' in shot
prescott_2011_11.jpg

9/ rapid Riley through the Esses
prescott_2011_04.jpg

10/ Taking shelter during one of the showers
prescott_2011_12.jpg

11/ ERA heading for the SemiCircle in the rain
prescott_2011_08.jpg

12/ and to finish the weekend
prescott_2011_06.jpg

Thanks for looking, Comments welcomed as always.

Cheers,

Loving that first one! All great though :) See you at the Gold Cup? Wave, shout, throw fruit, bricks etc in my direction if you see me :LOL:

Beautiful images. Loved #11, but #12 was sacriledge on that wonderful MG .... should have been a Brandy!

Great work!

Great shots! For me the best by far is number 11 with the trees framing the shot. Nice work.

It's just a shame about the modern car in number 8 as you said.

Great set, numbers 2, 4, and 10 for me. Number 2 because I love the shot and composition, number 4 because of the movement and I love the car (its the 24l Napier Bentley isn't it?) and 10 again has great composition and it made me laugh!

Looks a great location, pity about the weather it seems!

I think a proper glass pint glass would have made shot 12 more pleasing and complementing to the shots, but none the less, some good shots :)

Hi David,What a brilliant set of Hillclimb images,much better than I see the signed on togs producing,great variation and skill used,super compositions.
These really do show the meeting of to great effect,Well done Sir!

Excellent set, I was there on the Sat

Cheers, good wasn't it!

Loving that first one! All great though :) See you at the Gold Cup? Wave, shout, throw fruit, bricks etc in my direction if you see me :LOL:

Thanks Matt, looking like just the Monday Gold Cup for me, was hoping for 3 days again...:shake: I'll make sure I've got something to throw;)

11, 12 for me, and maybe 10

Thanks

Beautiful images. Loved #11, but #12 was sacriledge on that wonderful MG .... should have been a Brandy!

Great work!

Thanks. You may be right, but it was a long weekend...

Great set of images. #2, 5 and 10 do it for me.

Cheers, thats where most of my effort has been going this year.

Fine stuff David. Some nice on track shots, some excellent processing and captured some "feel" of the event. Spot on sir :)

Cheers, it worked then.

Great set #4 for me and #10 made me smile.

Thanks.

Great shots! For me the best by far is number 11 with the trees framing the shot. Nice work.

It's just a shame about the modern car in number 8 as you said.

Cheers, added bonus that I was sheltering from the rain!

Great set, numbers 2, 4, and 10 for me. Number 2 because I love the shot and composition, number 4 because of the movement and I love the car (its the 24l Napier Bentley isn't it?) and 10 again has great composition and it made me laugh!

Looks a great location, pity about the weather it seems!

Thanks, it is indeed the Napier Bentley, spectacular to see off the start line.

Location is perfect for the cars regardless of weather, camping on the other hand, not ideal.:)

I think a proper glass pint glass would have made shot 12 more pleasing and complementing to the shots, but none the less, some good shots :)

Cheers, I just hope it had cooled down.

Hi David,What a brilliant set of Hillclimb images,much better than I see the signed on togs producing,great variation and skill used,super compositions.
These really do show the meeting of to great effect,Well done Sir!

Thanks very much, was nice to get around and see more of the meeting too.

Much appreciated.

David

The simple shot of the Nash in #2 is so evocative! And timeless!! (y)

Great cars and great photos. Are you using any Zeiss glass? 2 has the Zeiss 3D look to my eyes.

Cheers,
Dave.

Back