*press relese*2 new Sigma 70 - 300mm APO DG/non APO

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
2 new lenses from Sigma, the ever popular Super Macro gets a refit!

70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG MACRO

Telephoto zoom lens with tele-macro function optimised for digital SLR cameras.

New design and multi layer lens coating minimise flare and ghost.
A Macro Switch is incorporated for ease of for conversion to macro photography with a 1:2 maximum magnification.
Equipped with three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements for excellent correction of chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom range.
70-300mm-DG---2.jpg
70-300mm-APO-DG---2.jpg

The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new 70-300mm APO F4-5.6 DG Macro lens.

This new DG lens is capable of macro photography with a 1:2 maximum magnification at the focal length of 300 mm. The new multi layer lens coating reduces flare and ghost, which is a common problem with digital cameras and also creates an optimum colour balance.

Three pieces of SLD (special low dispersion) glass in the front lens group and another two in the rear group offer excellent correction of chromatic aberration.

High optical performance is demonstrated throughout the entire zoom range. It also has a switch that converts the lens to macro photography at focal lengths between 200mm and 300mm with a minimum focusing distance of 95cm (37.4 inches). In normal mode the minimum focusing distance is 150cm (59.1 inches) at all zoom settings. Maximum magnification between 200mm and 300mm is 1:2.9 to 1:2.

A convenient magnification scale showing focusing distances and reproduction ratios is engraved on the lens barrel. A versatile telezoom lens that is ideal for portraits, sports and nature photography, and all types of imaging needing both telephoto and close-up capabilities.

THE SPECIFICATIONS
Focal Length :70-300mm
Minimum Aperture :F22
Lens Construction :14 Elements in 10 Groups
Angle of View :34.3°- 8.2°
Number of Diaphragm Blades :9pcs
Minimum Focusing Distance :150cm (59.1”)/ 95cm (37.4”) at Macro position
Maximum Magnification :1:4.1 (1:2 at Macro position)
Filter Size :58mm
Lens Hood :Bayonet Hood
Dimensions :Diameter 76.6mm (3”) x Length 122mm (4.8”)
Weight :550gr/19.4oz
Fittings :confused:igma, Canon, Nikon-D, Pentax and Konica/Minolta.
SRP :£199.99

The appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.

For further information, please contact:
Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd
13 Little Mundells
Welwyn Garden City
Hertfordshire
AL7 1EW
Tel: 01707 329 999
Email: sales@sigma-imaging-uk.com

NEW PRODUCT INFORMATION

70-300mm F4-5.6 DG MACRO

Optimized for use with digital SLR cameras and capable of macro photography with a 1:2 maximum magnification.

New multi layer lens coating minimises flare and ghost, a common problem with Digital SLR cameras.
Engaging the Macro Switch makes the lens capable of macro photography with a 1:2 maximum magnification.
Special Low Dispersion (SLD) glass is used for compensation of chromatic aberration throughout the entire zoom range.

The Sigma Corporation is pleased to announce the launch of the new 70-300mm F4-5.6 DG Macro lens.

It is capable of macro photography with a 1:2 maximum close-up magnification at the 300 mm focal length. The new multi layer lens coating reduces flare and ghost, which is a common problem with digital cameras and also creates an optimum colour balance. The SLD (special low dispersion) glass offers excellent correction of chromatic aberration creating high optical performance throughout the entire zoom range.

A switch converts the lens to macro photography at all focal lengths between 200mm and 300mm offering a minimum focusing distance of 95cm (37.4 inches). In normal mode the minimum focusing is 150cm (59.1 inches) at all zoom settings. Maximum magnification between 200mm and 300mm is from 1:2.9 and 1:2.

A convenient magnification scale showing focusing distances and reproduction ratios is engraved on the lens barrel. A versatile lens that is ideal for close-up work, portraits, sports and nature photography, and all telephoto requirements.

THE SPECIFICATIONS
Focal Length :70-300mm
Minimum Aperture :F22
Lens Construction :14 Elements in 10 Groups
Angle of View :34.3 - 8.2°
Number of Diaphragm Blades :9pcs
Minimum Focusing Distance :150cm (59.1”)/ 95cm (37.4”) at Macro position
Maximum Magnification :1:4.1 (1:2 at Macro position)
Filter Size :58mm
Lens Hood :Bayonet Hood
Dimensions :Diameter 76.6mm (3”) x Length 122mm (4.8”)
Weight :550gr/19.4oz
Fittings :confused:igma, Canon, Nikon-D, Pentax and Konica/Minolta.
SRP :£149.99

The appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.

For further information, please contact:
Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd
13 Little Mundells
Welwyn Garden City
Herts
AL7 1EW
Tel: 01707 329 999
Email: sales@sigma-imaging-uk.com

Considering the quality of the APO particularly that's really quite a good price.

As far as I can tell the description of the apo lens is identical to the non DG version, the only difference seems to 'possibly' in the lens
coatings.

Lens Construction 14 Elements in 10 Groups
Angle of View 34.3 - 8.2 degrees
Number of Diaphragm Blades 9 Blades
Minimum Aperture F22
Minimum Focusing Distance 95cm
Maximum Magnification 1:2
Filter Size 58mm
Dimensions Diameter 76.6mm X Length 122mm
Weight 550g

Since you can buy the non DG for £139.99 at 7dayshop I can't see there being £60 of difference between them.

i think the prices are the Sigma sourced in the uk price, i had a long chat with sigma about £140 lenses, they say they are not uk sourced, thats why they are cheaper.

Steep said:
As far as I can tell the description of the apo lens is identical to the non DG version, the only difference seems to 'possibly' in the lens coatings.

Since you can buy the non DG for £139.99 at 7dayshop I can't see there being £60 of difference between them.

Steep, you are sooo cynical ! ;) can you not see the red line round the lens barrel ! well worth the £60 ! ;)

the specs do read exactly the same though ! makes you wonder !

I dare say they will be decent lenses though, as EosD has one of the previous version i believe ! :)

Ah but.....you get a red band on the earlier one too so :p

yeah i got the red line on mine, definately makes the car go quicker with that lens in the boot

EosD said:
i think the prices are the Sigma sourced in the uk price, i had a long chat with sigma about £140 lenses, they say they are not uk sourced, thats why they are cheaper.

Rip off Britain again, it's not like a lens sourced in the uk will be any better or worse than a us or taiwanese one. I'm sure they all come out of the same chinese factory.

Back