Pretty little things

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
Saw these on a recent early morning walk and thought how attractive they looked
No idea exactly what they are, suspect they may be Cow Parsley :thinking: but I've never noticed them at this stage before

52241209010_0af3d1f9e6_o.jpg

52240718011_bffbc9ce45_o.jpg

Yup. Pretty and also unusual. I like them :D

Well spotted and taken Ingrid :D

I think you're right about cow parsley

Thanks Gav, odd that years ago we used to pick them to feed rabbits and yet I never remember seeing them like this

Thanks Gav, odd that years ago we used to pick them to feed rabbits and yet I never remember seeing them like this
Looks as if they've got to the seeding stage, round here they would normally have been mown down by now, but the green schemes are allowing them to grow on.

Nice images :)

Looks as if they've got to the seeding stage, round here they would normally have been mown down by now, but the green schemes are allowing them to grow on.

Nice images :)

This is in an area that is rarely cut back harshly, lovely to walk through and lots of wild blackberries at the moment too.
I'm in 2 minds about the green thing, in some places it's makes it difficult to see at junctions when driving, I've had a few near misses with people having to pull out to see if the road is clear

This is in an area that is rarely cut back harshly, lovely to walk through and lots of wild blackberries at the moment too.
I'm in 2 minds about the green thing, in some places it's makes it difficult to see at junctions when driving, I've had a few near misses with people having to pull out to see if the road is clear
Same round here, few corners have been cleared, but not the ones that really need clearing.
Enjoy the wild berries ;)

Cow Parsley flowers in spring, and doesn't close up when at the seed stage. More likely something else. Umbellifers are difficult to identify, at least for me, the leaves offer the best clue.

Cow Parsley flowers in spring, and doesn't close up when at the seed stage. More likely something else. Umbellifers are difficult to identify, at least for me, the leaves offer the best clue.

Thanks Dave, went passed again this morning and I now think these aren't seed pods but newly opening flowers.
I'll go back and get some pics of the leaves later

Thanks Dave, went passed again this morning and I now think these aren't seed pods but newly opening flowers.
I'll go back and get some pics of the leaves later
I like umbellifers, but they drive me mad working out which ones are which!

There are plenty of them with differing flowering periods. Height will also help with ID. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I like umbellifers, but they drive me mad working out which ones are which!

There are plenty of them with differing flowering periods. Height will also help with ID. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Height varies, some are very short and small, others around a metre or slightly higher.
Got some leaf pics, I'm fascinated now, been reading up on them, amazing variety in the family leaves2.jpgleaves.jpg

Back