Prices

Bob

Name
Faithless
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone think the price of lens will ever come back down a bit. I have been looking at the 70-200f4 IS in March it was £800 now its £900 + its got now that I constantly searching second hand
Bob

I doubt it. They've tested the market and probably seen that it can be sustained. So, like petrol, gas, electricity.......quick to go up......slow to come down.

No, I don't think they'll go down.

I'm sure they will be plenty of reasons they find not to decrease back to 2008 levels.

A recent Park Cameras magazine advert for a D700+lenses states "New lower price". Maybe a sign...

A recent Park Cameras magazine advert for a D700+lenses states "New lower price". Maybe a sign...

sounds like marketting speak to me. The price hasn't actually come down. I agree they'll make up loads of reasons for the prices not to come down

Hugh

sale prices and new lower prices are based on what it has been sold for in one of there shops over the last 12 months or something, so if between these sale prices it jumped to rrp for a week in there back street store in some little village in the middle of nowhere, then they can advertise a sale price or a lower price in all there stores.

i think:thinking:

pound is about 10% up on three months ago against the dollar - the problem for the manufacturers is that they may well have hedged currency at the lower rate so it will take time before the differences can filter through.

Park are usually trustworthy but they've just been a bit naughty. The Sigma DP2 has just been announced for sale at a suggested price of £600. Park are advertising a suggested price of £750 - "their price - £600".

if the pound gets stronger they will come down.
Spot on. Straightforward economics. They would be cheaper for the retailers to buy, and it's a very competitive market, so prices would come down. Though not necessarily very quickly, because of issues such as currency hedging and the current supply restrictions.

Might have to leave it a year or two but prices will re-adjust. Its just the bull**** world we live in.

Might have to leave it a year or two but prices will re-adjust. Its just the bull**** world we live in.

Thats the trouble I did leave it for a while before I thought of buying a 70-200 and prices shot up now I am thinking will they keep going up or are they going to level off
Bob:coat:

Prices have gone so nuts since I bought my F4 IS that I'm almost considering selling it at a profit, borrowing my mate's 100-400 when required in the short term and then buying an F2.8 IS when the prices come back down :)

Back