Edit My Images
Yes
I need to get a new printer for my mother. The main requirements are

1) Ease of use. The primary use will be letter / envelope printing

2) Reasonable running costs

3) Ability to print out the occasional half decent 6 x 4 photo print

Budget is up to £70. Ideally like to purchase from the high street if possible

Any recommendations please

You can get several machines at that sort of price. Have a look at what PC world have to offer to get a rough idea of price.

I'd stay clear of those with just a black and colour cartridge. Dependant on what you use you'll find one of the colours will run out before the other two making you buy a full cart when you have plenty of the other two colours left.

Also look at the cost of ink carts. Some printers look very good value for money, but the replacement carts are not cheap. Also I've noticed my local Tesco now has compatible carts for the most popular machines, look to be about 60% of the cost of branded ones. They may not give as good results as the manufacturers own but may be good enough for what you want

Just checked the PC World site and they have a Canon iP2600 printer with 4 carts for about £30 or an Epson at D120 at £55. Again with 4 carts. These are web prices, so if you like them order on line and collect at store for the web price.

Canon Pixma iP3500 is only £25 at PC World with online orders/store collections. I actually got one for the girlfriends mother at Christmas - ideal!

I have 2 canons and they are great!

Back