Review Pro Nikon D750 Review + 35mm 1.8G Lens

Good interesting review that was very enjoyable to read with good illustrating images

Thanks for taking the time and posting on here

A very interesting read, thanks for taking the time Ross. I have a D3s and aside from all it's performance prowess, I also love its for its all round beefy manly chunkyness - but the D750 has me very interested, for a number of reasons, and I couldn't imagine a review I'd take on board as much as yours, frankly - I visit your site often and keep meaning to seriously look into one of your post processing courses - your stuff is awesome.

Great review, great images, great feature set on the D750 now if someone would just bang my head to enable me to get over the smaller physical size, please someone bang my head.

Great review - has certainly made me think about this. About to upgrade from a D700 which I love - ideally I would want the D750 spec but in a d800 body as I like and prefer the bigger 'pro' bodies.

Very helpful review Ross. Real-life commentary from someone who actually uses the thing is so much more meaningful than the guff pro reviewers come up with. Many thanks.

Great review, great images, great feature set on the D750 now if someone would just bang my head to enable me to get over the smaller physical size, please someone bang my head.

Just buy yourself one, Gary - I'll take it off you for a decent saving from the new price after a week or 2!!! ;) Go on, you know you want need to!!!

Ross, QQ - how does the quiet mode compare to that on the D3s?

Just buy yourself one, Gary - I'll take it off you for a decent saving from the new price after a week or 2!!! ;) Go on, you know you want need to!!!
Nah, im sticking with basic kit for a while, under £1400 from Panamoz must be tempting though

Superb review, I had dismissed the D750 at first due to reading about the smaller body, but on reading more about the specs, it seems like a superb camera. I just need to have a hold of one to decide whether it might be worth replacing my D3 with. Also all of the photos in your review are sensational.

I too have tiny girl hands and find the form factor perfect. Back button focusers will get used to the button after a day or too. I reprogram the preview button to AE-L so you can still have the functionality of both buttons.

Ross, can you operate exposure preview in LV photo mode? I read in the manual that you can, yet couldn't do it when I played around with the D750.

Very good review. There will be a few D700 owners whos upgrade path just got a bit easier. The comparison with the 5d3 is quite eye opening too!

You can indeed! Press the 'i' button in LV mode and scroll down until you see Exposure Preview. Why it's OFF as default is beyond me.

Strange I'm not seeing that. I have read the manual too. Pressed i in Live View. No exposure preview listed !

Man, that's the kind of quality that could get me giving up BBFing.

You can indeed! Press the 'i' button in LV mode and scroll down until you see Exposure Preview. Why it's OFF as default is beyond me.

Ahhhhhh *penny thuds to ground* i was clicking 'ok' like you do on other bodies. Yeah, the default should be set to 'on' really. I use it mainly for a tilt shift lens at the moment as its tough to focus wide open and it seems to affect metering. I'll be using it even more if i have an articulating screen.

Left eye dominant shooters end up with a thumb in the eye.
I didn't when I tried it. ;) The button's further over to the right than on previous single-button bodies I've used. .

I didn't when I tried it. ;) The button's further over to the right than on previous single-button bodies I've used. .
Interesting. I do have a very long thumb nail for playing guitar though.

I wouldn't dismiss the camera for BBF until you've tried it. Or you could alter your picking style.:D

I wouldn't dismiss the camera for BBF until you've tried it. Or you could alter your picking style.:D
I just said that I have reassessed after this review. No way I'm losing the thumb nail though - guitar is more important than photography to me. :)

Not used one of them, so can't compare. I certainly poked myself in the eye using a D90.
icon_pirate.png

Hi Ross. I'm new here but saw your review that someone linked to on Fred Miranda.

Very well structured review that demonstrated it's performance in typical situations that you find yourself in in your profession.

After selling my mint low shutter count D700 a few weeks ago to get a D810 I'm now thinking D750 and a D610 for not much more instead. I had a D600 for a short time and was extremely pleased with the output from the sensor, the focusing was inconsistent so I can only imagine the D750 being better.

I also enjoyed the way you handled the idiot on DPR with your link to Psychological Projection.......

Respect.

Kevin.

Not used one of them, so can't compare. I certainly poked myself in the eye using a D90.
icon_pirate.png
From the photos it looks the same place as the D7000 and I couldn't use that.

EDIT: Looking on Camera Size website it does look like there is more room.

Last edited:
Back