Problems Syncing Mamiya RB67 Pro with Flash

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello,

I've just bought my first ever proper medium format camera, a Mamiya RB67 and have 3 lenses a 120 film back and a Polaroid back.

I've worked out mostly how to use it and on my second roll how to properly load the film back (first roll the exposure counter didn't engage)

However, I can seem to get my Canon 580 EXII speedlight to sync with the shutter? I have set the flash on manual mode and connected it to the PC sync socket on the lens with the switch on 'X' and the flash is firing when I hit the shutter but there is no sign of it on the Polaroid

I've put the same settings on my 5dmkII and the flash is perfect on the shot but for some reason it doesn't seem to be synchronized on the Mamiya? Am I missing something simple? A setting on the camera or flash that I'm not aware of coming from a predominant digital background?

Thanks for any help, it's driving me nuts!

Kevin

Quick update, I may have jumped the gun slightly as I just cranked the power up to full and it seems to now work.

Really regret selling my light meter late last year now!

Love my new camera though

Reactions: Jao
Another quick question on this one, would my pocket wizards sync ok with the Mamiya?

Should do, I've used cheap radio triggers with mine. As long as it has a pc cable input it should be fine, dry fire it a few times to check though.

Should do, I've used cheap radio triggers with mine. As long as it has a pc cable input it should be fine, dry fire it a few times to check though.

Great, thanks!

I have fired them through the lens sync just wanted to check they won't cause a synchronization issue

i think some flashes have a tiny inbuilt delay to match focal plain shutters.

interesting the yn560 III i have worked fine with my dp to 1/2000, and even more amazingly, to 1/16000 optical slave with my lumia 1020

Back